• Show
Clear All

Re: Yusmart 229IP-P 22" LCD Monitor Dead

sorry for the quality
    you should just make out pin 9 is not joined
    Attached Files

Comment

Ah, I see. It wasn't as obvious in post #11, but your photo makes it clear. Thanks for checking. Also, in your first post, you mentioned that it was an eeprom that was was the cause of your problem. Can you share how you came to that conclusion and how you tested it? What is the part # of the eeprom and whether or not you had to program it. Thanks.

Comment

I had a Viewsonic with similar board and the same symptoms that was the eeprom

Comment

Great! You just jarred my memory. PlainBill had discovered a reset controller, ASM810MEURF-T (not an eeprom), used on several Acer and Viewsonics that exhibited the same problems here. Replacing that controller solved the problem. Since this monitor seems to be similar to a viewsonic, can you tell if they implemented a reset controller on the Yusmart logic card? It's a SOT-23 case style.

Comment

I have sccanned the board and listed the SOT-23 package chipsets that I can see....

I have been trying to identify them from what little info they have on the chips but haven't been very successful so far
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by fusionmax View Post
              I have sccanned the board and listed the SOT-23 package chipsets that I can see....

I have been trying to identify them from what little info they have on the chips but haven't been very successful so far
              This site has information on marking codes. You are correct, many of these codes don't appear in the references.

PlainBill
              For a number of reasons, both health and personal, I will no longer be active on this board. Any PMs asking for assistance will be ignored.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.

Comment

I would of thought MMBT3906 or PMBS3906
                Attached Files

Comment

Hmmm, I can't see them using three WO4 as a reset controller. KL8 seems to be a diode assembly. That leaves SO1, marked Q104 on the circuit board. I would think that the reset controller would be marked UXXX?

Comment

The main board in this service manual uses TSUMU58WJ
                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by bonney View Post
                      The main board in this service manual uses TSUMU58WJ
                      That shows a simple R/C reset circuit, although the board has provision for a reset controller.

PlainBill
                      For a number of reasons, both health and personal, I will no longer be active on this board. Any PMs asking for assistance will be ignored.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.

Comment

I'm starting to think this might be a lost cause

Comment

I have another logic board on the way, will try and compare then

Comment

Completely unrelated I know but just on the off hand...... can anybody identify the component in the image below for me?

It only has a marking of 0, is it a smd capacitor?
                            Attached Files

Comment

It's a zero ohm resistor. Basically a wire link, but making it in this shape enables the same machine that places resistors and caps to place the wire links as well.
                              Originally posted by PeteS in CA
                              Remember that by the time consequences of a short-sighted decision are experienced, the idiot who made the bad decision may have already been promoted or moved on to a better job at another company.
                              A working TV? How boring!

Comment

Thanks for that, I assume I could replace them with a jumper wire without any issues?

Comment

Umm, why, it isn't showing continuity?
                                  Originally posted by PeteS in CA
                                  Remember that by the time consequences of a short-sighted decision are experienced, the idiot who made the bad decision may have already been promoted or moved on to a better job at another company.
                                  A working TV? How boring!

Comment

No, it is a damaged board. A few of them have been smashed off so I was planning on just replacing them with a jumper.

It is only a control panel so hopefully there should be no RF issues

Comment

Hi all,

I have a Benq LCD tv model VP2202 which uses the same power supply as the Yusmart 229IP-P & the Viewsonic VX2235WM-3 Model # VS11446.

My issue is I am trying to get a copy of a service manual to find out what each of the output pins are on the ps board at P802 for example voltages and what they control BRT_ADJ, BL_ON, GND & so on.

I tried the link given in post #1 & #16 but it won''t allow access to the service manual.

I would appreciate if anyone has a pdf copy they could send me.
                                      or even just what the wires do.

The old ps in this tv is completely fried so I am trying to adapt one I have from a Benq FP91G Monitor to suit.

Comment

Originally posted by Whitey View Post
                                        My issue is I am trying to get a copy of a service manual
                                        http://www.scribd.com/doc/31616590/V...-vx2235wm-3-sm
                                        --- begin sig file ---

If you are new to this forum, we can help a lot more if you please post clear focused pictures (max resolution 2000x2000 and 2MB) of your boards using the manage attachments button so they are hosted here. Information and picture clarity compositions should look like this post.

We respectfully ask that you make some time and effort to read some of the guides available for basic troubleshooting. After you have read through them, then ask clarification questions or report your findings.

Please do not post inline and offsite as they slow down the loading of pages.

--- end sig file ---

Comment

Thanks retiredcaps for the link unfortunately I dont have a credit card or paypal account.

Comment

Working...
                                          X