Thank you to the guys at HEGE supporting Badcaps [ HEGE ] [ HEGE DEX Chart ]

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Induction hob PCB VESTEL 20fr25 from cooker Rangemaster propl60eibl help needed.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Induction hob PCB VESTEL 20fr25 from cooker Rangemaster propl60eibl help needed.

Hi. Could anyone with knowledge advise if this pcb in photos can be repaired? I'm willing to spend time and money on it to gain experience however I searched net for schematics and couldn't find so it's impossible to know what are some of burnt components. I can't find any second hand replacement board and new one is out of my budget and it exceeds value of cooker. I'm new to this forum but have had few successful pcb repairs of tv's and cooker pcbs and also made few working circuits for fun. Any help appreciated. Regards.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by mariukonie; 08-23-2023, 08:21 AM.

Re: Induction hob PCB VESTEL 20fr25 from cooker Rangemaster propl60eibl help needed.

clean off the soot with a cotton bud and some isopropanol and/or white spirit.
    then we can get a better look at what is and isnt burned

Comment

Re: Induction hob PCB VESTEL 20fr25 from cooker Rangemaster propl60eibl help needed.

Thanks. That's already cleaned with alcohol

Comment

I'll try to clean better and post more photos.

Comment

Please see photos after cleaning.
          Attached Files

Comment

Ouch! That needs some real TLC. You got to get rid of all the carbon (black burnt PCB) rebuild the PCB, rebuild the tracks etc. that may be economically not feasible…

Comment

Hi I don't mind doing that if I only had schematics. Does anyone has schematics for this or similar board? Also do you think that square chip with multiple feet next to burnt section could be affected? I don't think I can buy one of these.

Comment

If the processor also got it, then I don’t see the point in repairing, check the processor’s power supply resistance, if it is short or very low, then you will have to look for a new or used board.

Comment

Thank you. What would be correct resistance value and what would be low? Regards.

Comment

HI mariukonie. I have the same board on my bench and can help you. And I would also need your help. Could you please check the markings on U1 (primary controller chip). Mine is too damaged to figure out what it was (unless I go forensic and check the DIE inside the chip since it's exposed ). For fun, I am also attaching a photo of a blast of IC (U1) - U1.pdf .

I've attached some photos that may help you. Please Check U5.pdf for help with troubleshooting your board.
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by Miky1987; 12-20-2023, 01:31 AM.
                    Enjoy in Work, Enjoy in Life!

Comment

Hi, as requested the other side of the board.
                      Attached Files
                      Enjoy in Work, Enjoy in Life!

Comment

Thank you Boss. Best regards.

Comment

Working...
                        X