help identifying resistors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

help identifying resistors

My dad brought home this logic board with some burnt out resistors and i was going to replace them for him but i cant figure out what the resistance was (the resistor burnt out)

here is the info i found on the board

24-0316
    rev P1
    remote adapter
    Gas tech inc.

57-7705 rev B
    0819sw034268442

the burnt out resistor is R7
    Attached Files
    Last edited by testas86; 08-04-2011, 09:37 PM.

Re: help identifying resistors

Did you try using your DMM to check the ohms? Can you see the color code the picture is too blurry when I tried to do a closeup view?
    Have you ever stopped to think and then forget to start thinking again?

As a very wise man once said on this forum: "Of all the things I have lost I miss my mind the most."

Comment

the color code is burnt off otherwise i could get the value from that. so i dont know if i can trust the value i get off my DMM cus the resistor is physically burnt through

Comment

T,
        If your careful, very often the colors will still be there on the bottom of the resistor.

Just one hint, burned resistors are a symptom of a problem, not usually what caused the problem.

Jack Crow in VA
        "You are, what you do, when it counts"
        The Masso

"Gravity, the quickest way down"
        Mayor John Almafi

"You ever drop an egg, and on the floor you see it break?
        You go and get a mop so you can clean up your mistake.
        But did you ever stop to ponder why we know it's true?
        If you drop a broken egg you will not get an egg that's new?"

MC Hawking

Comment

ive removed the resistor and its burned all the way arond. the only bands i can see are the first and the last which are both brown and the problem in they unit has been fixed. someone wired something incorrectly

Comment

I see an LM324 which has 4 opamps in it, R2 and R3 which might be in parallel, and burnt R7 is the same color as R5. They're both beside another resistor of a different but same color.

Do R4 and R6 have the same value? Then R5 and R7 might also have the same value. All that symmetry makes me think so but I'd check to be sure. Trace the board and draw a schematic. If the device has two identically wired channels and the burnt resistor is part of one channel then it would likely have the same value as its counterpart in the other channel.

Comment

Do you have the name and model # of the unit it came out of?

Comment

Working...
              X