Miracle self-healing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Miracle self-healing?

A lot of times when something suddenly quits working and shows no defects that are obvious to a novice like me, I stash it away, but when I try the device again months later, it usually works fine. What's going on? The devices are things like cordless phones, CD drives, and radios.

I'd like to think that some intermittent connection got jiggled just right by accident, but before I stashed away the product I had resoldered joints, tapped on circuit boards, changed some capacitors, and applied heat and freeze spray. Also I tried doing most of those things again when I took the product out of storage, to see if I could make it fail again, but there was no change. Only one product went bad again, a Philips/Acer CD drive, after a few months, but it worked again after being stored for about a year.

Re: Miracle self-healing?

I can't explain that but, could I put some stuff in you garage for a few months?
    Mann-Made Global Warming.
    - We should be more concerned about the Intellectual Climate.

-
    Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

- Dr Seuss
    -
    You can teach a man to fish and feed him for life, but if he can't handle sushi you must also teach him to cook.
    -

Comment

Christine for a garage? I am with PCBONEZ I have some stuff that I would like to fix itself

Comment

Your garage is on an ancient indian holy site resulting in miraculous repairs. Your house on the other hand is cursed. Then again I've had the same luck with stuff in storage. Like a pioneer amp. Blew 3 under warranty and they refused repairs on the third so I threw it in storage for a couple years and now it works like new. So I agree there's something to the idea of giving electronics a rest and them comming back to life

Comment

Working...
        X