Sony KDL-55EX620 10 blinks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sony KDL-55EX620 10 blinks

This TV originally had no standby light but there was standby voltage (12V and 3.3V) and all regulated voltages on the main board were present. There is both a service manual and service/training manual (with service menu configuration) available online. Service manual flowchart indicated if there is both standby voltage and AC_DET, the main board is suspect.

I got a new main board and the front LEDs are lighting up. Shopjimmy and the training manual indicate to update the firmware. With the tv turned on this time, the green and amber leds would flash. I got the firmware to load by extracting the firmware placing the subdirectory above the main file onto the root of a FAT32 flash drive and plugging it into the outermost USB slot with the green and amber flashing. After several minutes, the leds flashed red and amber and I let it finish.

Now when the TV turns on, it goes green, the picture flashes briefly and I get a 10 blink error code. I tried the service menu sequence (display,5,vol+,power) with the same result.

Similar scenario with this long post. https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=75413
    Last edited by neilc6; 12-27-2019, 06:32 PM.

Re: Sony KDL-55EX620 10 blinks

Check F6001-3 and F4601 on both mainboards, just to make sure they are good and nothing blew any of them.
    Last edited by nomoresonys; 12-28-2019, 08:38 AM.

Comment

Did the tv restart during the update process?

Comment

Originally posted by nomoresonys View Post
        Did the tv restart during the update process?
        I checked all the fuses on the old board plus all the regulated output voltages.

After the firmware update, the red led blinked and it didnt restart. Can try to update again but not sure if it will.
        Last edited by neilc6; 12-28-2019, 10:51 AM.

Comment

https://www.sony.com/electronics/sup...loads/W0010145

Comment

Yes that's the firmware version I used. If I plug the USB in again with the TV in standby, the led on the USB stays lit up for a few minutes before going out and doesn't appear to reinstall. Front LED stays solid red the whole time.

This thread same issue even after replacing main board again. https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=62279
            Last edited by neilc6; 12-28-2019, 12:11 PM.

Comment

i don't know from where people bring this description watchdog timer... !
              could you upload clear photo on the original main boards and the replacement one from both side..?

Comment

Could be a panel issue or lvds or ribbon cable, wonder if the "cut Tape" might get a display??
                Last edited by nomoresonys; 12-28-2019, 01:31 PM.

Comment

Being a kdl it should have pullups, do you get the backlight on when main and powerboard are not connected?

Comment

Tried ribbon cables one at a side. No change. Removed main cable and no backlight but I did have the backlights stay on for awhile while attempting to upgrade the firmware the first time. The flash does seem to indicate a backlight problem though there is a separate blink code for that.

I suspect the main boards need to matched to the model number/panel since this board is used on multiple models. I captured a flash of the service menu screen and the panel associated with the main board was LTY46HJ0501 (46" panel).

Or possibly it is past some error count and needs to be reset. Tried a few combinations found online including up arrow on remote and power on the back buttons.
                    Last edited by neilc6; 12-28-2019, 02:48 PM.

Comment

Pics of the mainboards. Original on the cardboard. Replacement in the tv. Snapshot of flash of service menu.
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by neilc6; 12-28-2019, 03:00 PM.

Comment

disconnect the panel total from T-CON then turn on... report if the set stay on
                        Last edited by Diah; 12-28-2019, 04:32 PM.

Comment

It is passed several months from a other user's thread, i don't remember if that blink indicates bad backlight especially bad leds or is 6 blinks.
                          Last edited by Davi.p; 12-28-2019, 04:56 PM.

Comment

Both ribbons disconnected, same result.

Comment

could you write here the ic 8 pin at he left side of HDMI 3 down on PC VGA socket

Comment

Backlights are suspect since they didn't come on with cable off.

Comment

Originally posted by nomoresonys View Post
                                  Backlights are suspect since they didn't come on with cable off.
                                  this is Sony not Samsung

Comment

My old kdl4100 had pullups, so I would be surprised if this one did not have them.

Comment

S24cs0?
                                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Diah View Post
                                        this is Sony not Samsung
                                        And yes, samsung is not the only tv with pullups.

Comment

Working...
                                        X