panasonic fj counterfeits?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

panasonic fj counterfeits?

got a huge lot of leftover stock from an oem.
    sprinkled in a lot of rubycon mbz were these panasonic fj
    look at the bungs.
    look nothing like the fc/fm i have on hand.
    Attached Files

Re: panasonic fj counterfeits?

in the last pic the fm is on the far right.
    edit.
    the one on the right in the 3rd pic is a genuine fm from digikey.
    Last edited by kc8adu; 11-22-2007, 10:39 AM.

Comment

The bungs in the 2nd picture from the left are wrong; the one in the 3rd pic is good, and similar to the ones in the Malaysian FJs that I have.

Comment

the codes stamped on the suspects even goes the wrong way and is a different color too.

Comment

I have some Teapo's here with a panasonic vent, i removed them from my sapphire grouper mobo. (SM105c A8 03/04) Maybe somekind of an OEM product.
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by linuxguru
            The bungs in the 2nd picture from the left are wrong; the one in the 3rd pic is good, and similar to the ones in the Malaysian FJs that I have.
            Agree, the 2nd picture looks counterfeits more, because the cost of bang(3rd picture) is more expensive than the 2nd one.
            My SAMXON Capacitors Database HERE!!

X-CON is a new brand for SAMXON's Polymer Capacitors.

Comment

edited post above to eliminate confusion.
              the real panasonic part in these pics has full leads and the more complex bung.
              often wondered about the purpose of the fancy molding there.
              maybe to allow a path for venting?airspace for cooling?

Comment

Yes I agree with BP the second cap with the simple flat bung with circles in it is probably a fake.

I've seen those cheap bungs in elite capacitors, hermei caps, and other cheap and bad brands which strengthens the fact that they are cheaper to produce since they require less rubber.

The type of bungs I see when I buy real Panasonic FCs from Digikey are in picture 3.

Trust me I know my bungs .

I always wondered why the bungs were shaped like that too?

Nippon Chemicon uses a similar design on their bungs as well.
                Last edited by Krankshaft; 11-22-2007, 10:55 AM.
                Elements of the past and the future combining to make something not quite as good as either.

Comment

The cheesy bungs with the concentric circle pattern is familiar from crap-caps, a sign to me that those are almost certainly phonies. The complex bung is to permit cleaning (usually water nowadays) under the caps after stuffing and soldering whatever PCB the cap is installed in. The FC I looked at a couple of days ago has the complex bung, as do Nichicon, UCC and Rubycon. That red date/lot code is really hard to read on the dark blue FCs and black FMs, but it also seems to be characteristic of Panasonic.
                  PeteS in CA

Power Supplies should be boring: No loud noises, no bright flashes, and no bad smells.
                  To kill personal responsibility, initiative or success, punish it by taxing it. To encourage irresponsibility, improvidence, dependence and failure, reward it by subsidizing it.

Comment

note the date/batch code printing runs lengthwise in the real ones.
                    and i figured the fancy bung was to avoid trapped cleaners after i posted and left the pc to go for our families thanksgiving gathering.

Comment

i just got in a dvr psu with g-luxons in it .
                      they have the same "bullseye"bung

Comment

I've seen it on Lelon and Jianghai parts (the latter smelled like really bad fish!).
                        PeteS in CA

Power Supplies should be boring: No loud noises, no bright flashes, and no bad smells.
                        To kill personal responsibility, initiative or success, punish it by taxing it. To encourage irresponsibility, improvidence, dependence and failure, reward it by subsidizing it.

Comment

Working...
                        X