Thank you to the guys at HEGE supporting Badcaps [ HEGE ] [ HEGE DEX Chart ]

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Haier LE55F32800 Standby but now Andy Warhol video!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Haier LE55F32800 Standby but now Andy Warhol video!

Need help running this weird one down! Originally this TV was stuck in standby mode, with all power supply sources checking OK. Di the reasearch here and found out about the eprom issues on this and similar sets. So I replaced U18 on main board (MSAV3227-ZC01-01) with a part from shopjimmy. This looks to be the same board used in Haier LE39F32800. I was exited to set the set come back to life but now I have this.. Every thing looks like an Andy Warhol painting!!! Looks like a negative chroma image?? Also, I was able to get into the service menu but saw no setting that would appear to "flip" this issue... any thoughts!! Thanks in advance!!!
    Attached Files

Re: Haier LE55F32800 Standby but now Andy Warhol video!

The third one, reminds me of Windows' 4 BPP (bits-per-pixel, a.k.a. 16-colors) fallback, when the video card driver failed, L O L
    Last edited by RJARRRPCGP; 12-21-2018, 12:10 PM.
    ASRock B550 PG Velocita

Ryzen 9 "Vermeer" 5900X

16 GB AData XPG Spectrix D41

Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon RX 6750 XT

eVGA Supernova G3 750W

Western Digital Black SN850 1TB NVMe SSD

Alienware AW3423DWF OLED

"¡Me encanta "Me Encanta o Enlistarlo con Hilary Farr!" -Mí mismo

"There's nothing more unattractive than a chick smoking a cigarette" -Topcat

"Today's lesson in pissivity comes in the form of a ziplock baggie full of GPU extension brackets & hardware that for the last ~3 years have been on my bench, always in my way, getting moved around constantly....and yesterday I found myself in need of them....and the bastards are now nowhere to be found! Motherfracker!!" -Topcat

"did I see a chair fly? I think I did! Time for popcorn!" -ratdude747

Comment

can you get into the service menu i think it could possibly be a lvds setting (make a note of original settings first though)

Comment

Do this: update software, go to service menu and do a full reset.

Comment

That is GAMMA problem, so it is either the main board is not set to match the LCD panel, or failed GAMMA Voltage reference IC.
          BTW, How did you about matching the new board with the old board: go by PCB Assembly P/N which is usually printed on the barcode sticker or you go by the Blank PCB P/N which printed white silkscreen on the PCB?
          Blank PCB can be stuffed to make many PCBA for many TV models.
          Last edited by budm; 12-21-2018, 02:30 PM.
          Never stop learning
          Basic LCD TV and Monitor troubleshooting guides.
          http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...956#post305956

Voltage Regulator (LDO) testing:
          http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...999#post300999

Inverter testing using old CFL:
          http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...er+testing+cfl

Tear down pictures : Hit the ">" Show Albums and stories" on the left side
          http://s807.photobucket.com/user/budm/library/

TV Factory reset codes listing:
          http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=24809

Comment

Yeah I did not replace the board only the U18 eprom on the original board. So I am not sure the code in this eprom was correct for my panel. They did not have an eprom listed for my set. This is a 55 inch panel and most boards and parts are listed for the 39 inch version.

Comment

Vinceroger69 - I do not see an lvds option in the service menu. Would it be listed as something else???

Comment

take pictures of your service menu then maybe we can help more also try suggestion in post 4
                Last edited by vinceroger69; 12-21-2018, 03:24 PM.

Comment

smartjhon listen to me.. an old beast in tv stuffs, nowadays..
                  eehm... one moment, i shrink the list of things, i forgot you have same board so don't even update, do only a SM reset...
                  Last edited by Davi.p; 12-21-2018, 03:28 PM.

Comment

I have searched high and low for the eprom firmware for this board with no luck. I have been searching by model number but maybe should be using the board number?? I will screen shot the service menu options tonight and post here. Thanks to all so far!!!

Comment

In Italy we use to say There's no worst deaf that who don't want to hear...
                      i'm giving you the simplest way and you don't catch it.
                      Last edited by Davi.p; 12-21-2018, 05:29 PM.

Comment

Service menu: LVDS Bit mode:change it, display should clear up when you hit the right one. Make note of original setting, in case its not the problem. If its a service menu setting problem, you will be looking for "panel setting", "lvds map setting" "lvds bit mode" make note of original setting, in case you need to revert, might just need to get into panel settings and change to 55.
                        Last edited by nomoresonys; 12-21-2018, 09:08 PM.

Comment

OK.. here we go with the service menu options. I do see LVDS under the SSC menu....
                          Attached Files

Comment

Also, while investigating the service menu, I got myself stuck in "aging mode" !! Green, Blue, Black, white, Red> repeat.. Tried all typical suggestions (manual power button, hold manual power 30 sec, down-up channel buttons) so any suggestions here would be good!!

Comment

What i have said? Now you're in the s**t..

Comment

leave it on in aging test hopefully after a while it will come out of the test i have read some take 2 hours

Comment

If that don't work, try usb firmware update/reapply, oh I see you cant find the firmware.
                                  Last edited by nomoresonys; 12-22-2018, 12:36 PM.

Comment

Try holding the power button on tv for a whole minute.

Comment

You probably already tried the exit button on remote?

Comment

have you still got your old eeprom did you try freezing it first and seeing if the tv turned on? if it does you maybe able too freeze it and read data from it and rewrite it to a new eeprom.

Comment

Working...
                                        X