Thank you to the guys at HEGE supporting Badcaps [ HEGE ] [ HEGE DEX Chart ]

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NICE -- are these considered "Solid" capacitors?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NICE -- are these considered "Solid" capacitors?

PNY Geforce Ti4200 card... Are these considered "solid" caps? You can see we lost a FET, too.

Re: NICE -- are these considered "Solid" capacitors?

nope they are not
    capacitor lab yachtmati techmati

Comment

They have vents, solid polymer usually not. But probably there should be some solid polymer caps. On my old GF4280 there were only Oscon polymers. And it is runing fine so far.

Comment

Most of guys always have a wrong concept everywhere in the world that metal body caps = solid caps or polymers.
        My SAMXON Capacitors Database HERE!!

X-CON is a new brand for SAMXON's Polymer Capacitors.

Comment

The vents are pretty much a tip-off. Polymers don't have the liquid electrolyte to generate hydrogen gas, hence no need for vents.
          PeteS in CA

Power Supplies should be boring: No loud noises, no bright flashes, and no bad smells.
          To kill personal responsibility, initiative or success, punish it by taxing it. To encourage irresponsibility, improvidence, dependence and failure, reward it by subsidizing it.

Comment

There are exceptions to the rule. I have seen for myself some Fujitsu solid polymers that have a K vent on the top. Polymers can bulge too, though usually not as violently as electrolytic caps - it's caused by the seal on the cap being imperfect and moisture in the air getting in.

Here's a pic from my own board. (The yellow ones are Fujitsu, the black ones are Rubycon). The Fujitsus seem to be bulging ever so slightly...
            You know there's something wrong when you open your PC and it has vented Rubycons...

Comment

i have seen those fujitsu polymers bulging badly and high esr on lots of asus a7 boards.

Comment

Working...
              X