Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Got lots of junk, what should I do with it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Got lots of junk, what should I do with it?

The PCI one has YMF724E-V. It also has an ST TEA2025B Audio amp and a sigmatel STAC9704T AC '97 chip. Caps are g-luxon. One cracked solder joint, repaired.
    sigpic

(Insert witty quote here)

Comment

Sounds good (pun intended?). Bring it with you on that trip if you're coming this way .

Comment

Originally posted by kaboom View Post
        Well, around here, anyway, everyone's foaming at the mouth for the latest failmart acer/hp windoze 8 special.

I'll sum it up like this:

You Couldn't Even Give Away A C2D.

[rant]

I don't work on other peoples' computers anymore, as I don't need "the attitude." Don't wanna pay to fix it right once? Want to ignore my advice/experience on browsers/security/etc? Fine. Keep paying dork squad to make it worse. Keep imagining it's "a better deal."

[/rant]

Sorry to hi-jack.
        I heard recently that the computer from my mother's long time friend, that I spent hours cleaning Windows XP last summer since it was barely usable, getting it running perfectly and setting up everything, then explaining how she can keep it running like this...doesn't work right anymore.
        She sent it to a "professional" for whatever reason, she didn't want to "annoy" me again with her computer (she paid me, and that was not annoying), he changed the free antivir with a non free AV, that is now outdated and doesn't do it's job since you're supposed to pay for it, and probably other problems. I haven't had the computer in my hands but I was told I should check it out...
        I don't know what kind of professionals people around me are seeing, but they always seem to have more problems after...

Comment

Working...
        X