Another Sanyo ebay scam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another Sanyo ebay scam

Needed capacitors to repair a computer powersupply and i did order a few here and there, so i did order a batch of 20 of Sanyo WG 2200µ/16V he never showed the top of the capacitors and i read his feedback and i thought it should be ok? no...

I knew right away when i saw the "+" type of vent that it was fake but lol look at the photos, they didn't even care to remove the old heatshrink so i reported the seller too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zW2HFj7rAXc

So here is a video i made for the seller, to prove to him that i marked my cut with a blue permanent marker where i did cut, and yes i find some marks in the metal after someone else did rebadge these capacitors
    Attached Files

Re: Another Sanyo ebay scam

The vent cuts looks like Nichicon's the way they shallows on the ends of the capacitor. But what series? Good luck finding that.

By the way, did you check their ESR and capacitance, just for kicks?

I guess let this serve as an example here why to avoid buying caps from shady sellers on eBay.

Comment

Well i did two tests on each cap, first with a chinese component tester but i am not trusting that more then my Atlas ESR70
      Attached Files

Comment

I got better and genuine capacitors there
        Less jewellery, more gold into electrotech industry! Half of the computer problems is caused by bad contacts

Exclusive caps, meters and more!
        Hardware Insights - power supply reviews and more!

Comment

Another possible fake on eBay? These Rubycon are listed as 6.3v 1500uf MBZ size 8 x 20. But the MBZ spec sheet lists only a 10.0 v 1500uf in the 8 x 20 size. Has anyone seen a 6.3v 1500uf MBZ in this size?
          Attached Files

Comment

It may be custom for some MB maker, these are about the only remaining genuine ultra-low ESR caps in there. I have bought 1000 pcs of MBZ 1000/6,3 like that (blue ones) while datasheet also only says 820 uF. They appear to be quite genuine, have legs cut and bent to fit D10 holes.
            Less jewellery, more gold into electrotech industry! Half of the computer problems is caused by bad contacts

Comment

The Rubycons look real but it is like russian roulette to buy capacitors over ebay lol, i bought 50pcs of 1000uF/16V nichicon from audjade_chn and they seems ok

Is there anyone who has a "list" of sellers on ebay they trust a bit?
              Attached Files

Comment

No use, sometimes it seems same companies have tens of different accounts…and when they sell out genuine caps they just start selling craps or fakes.

Comment

Yeah that sounds like how it is, seen so many sellers with almost the same names, better to buy them else where you know what you get.

Comment

The problem is there is almost nowhere to buy them anymore. Big resellers may have a few left but they also have terrible prices. Than topcat has some…also for somewhat higher prices.

Comment

something to be said for getting what you order reliably.not to mention buying from the badcaps store keeps this forum running.

Comment

Originally posted by kc8adu View Post
                        something to be said for getting what you order reliably.not to mention buying from the badcaps store keeps this forum running.
                        Exactly - forget eBay etc and buy from a known good seller!

It may cost more but I find having confidence in the parts is worth far more than the money saved by getting them elsewhere.
                        "Tantalum for the brave, Solid Aluminium for the wise, Wet Electrolytic for the adventurous"
                        -David VanHorn

Comment

Originally posted by Agent24 View Post
                          Exactly - forget eBay etc and buy from a known good seller!

It may cost more but I find having confidence in the parts is worth far more than the money saved by getting them elsewhere.
                          I am reliable too And also cheap and also sell on ebay…you got it all wrong sir

Comment

Originally posted by Behemot View Post
                            I am reliable too And also cheap and also sell on ebay…you got it all wrong sir
                            But you are like 1 in a million there
                            Keep it up, though. I appreciate sellers that offer quality caps.

Comment

Yes, but the way he wrote that means there are *no*. In such case, only one existing means his statement has been proved wrong. You have to love mathematic logics

Comment

Originally posted by Behemot View Post
                                Yes, but the way he wrote that means there are *no*. In such case, only one existing means his statement has been proved wrong. You have to love mathematic logics
                                Well, if you sell genuine capacitors on eBay then that's great and you have proved me wrong, but the last thing I read about eBay sellers on the forum here suggested there were none left that were any good.
                                "Tantalum for the brave, Solid Aluminium for the wise, Wet Electrolytic for the adventurous"
                                -David VanHorn

Comment

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=47349

But I guess you rather keep buying 98 % fakes than invest some money in originals. The same way ppl fucked me over with those KZNs and keep buying 2200uF caps for mostly the same price…

Comment

Me? I've never bought fakes...
                                    -David VanHorn

Comment

This is the english…you cannot distinguish you singular and you plural

Comment

Working...
                                      X