ECS mcp61pm-hm 6-bad 1800uf 63 Tk caps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ECS mcp61pm-hm 6-bad 1800uf 63 Tk caps

It originally came from an HP Media Center. I'm hoping someone can help me to locate these caps or equivalent replacements? There are 10 on the board altogether. last powered on it even still posts and such but Vista gave a bsod. I replaced the guy's board and kept this one so It would be awesome to replace the caps and use it! Any help I do much appreciate! Thx!
    Attached Files

Re: ECS mcp61pm-hm 6-bad 1800uf 63 Tk caps

They look to me like 8mm diameter. Rubycon MBZ and MCZ would be suitable replacements. Make sure to know how many of each capacitance/voltage you need. You should be able to get caps from TC, owner of badcaps.net.
    You'll want to measure the diameter to make sure though, as well as the height, and any height restrictions that there might be, and also the lead spacing. TC should be able to hook you up with whatever you need.

Good luck!

Comment

Do I need to know/compare any specs? like Resistance or ripple or anything?

Comment

Well if you can dig up specs for the TK caps then sure, but they look to be junk, and Rubycon MCZ is pretty much the best of the best in terms of ESR and ripple handling, so I don't think there's much to worry about.

Comment

Toshin Kogyo from the OST line of crap:

veritas odium parit

Comment

Wow, why does capacitor web have TK listed as a good brand?

Comment

TK is simply distributed by OST. TK is a japanese company, and is typically reliable.

This may be heat related, not correct series for this situation, or a manufacturing defect.

Comment

Hmmmm. Except that this value isn't listed. Likely a "special". Maybe made by OST for TK or vice versa?

I'll go with the heat related. The ratings per the datasheet are very good.
                veritas odium parit

Comment

This is a year later but just wanted to let everyone know I am experiencing the same problem with these capacitors. I would experience freezups and restarts and bsods in vista and w7. Sometimes scans would go for hours of memory or backups but other times i would freeze every 2 minutes. Tried everything I could think of software wise and even swappin out parts PS graphics HD.. and did notice these caps bulkin at top, no leaks but very frustrating problem. We mustve got a bad batch.

Comment

I've seen bad TK caps as well on an ECS board. I consider them as a bad brand, Just like Chemi-con KZG and Nichicon HM and HM. Just because a cap came from japan doesn't mean it will be reliable.
                    I love putting bad caps and flat batteries in fire and watching them explode!!

No wonder it doesn't work! You installed the jumper wires backwards

Main PC: Core i7 3770K 3.5GHz, Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H-MVP, 8GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1600, 240GB Intel 335 Series SSD, 750GB WD HDD, Sony Optiarc DVD RW, Palit nVidia GTX660 Ti, CoolerMaster N200 Case, Delta DPS-600MB 600W PSU, Hauppauge TV Tuner, Windows 7 Home Premium

Office PC: HP ProLiant ML150 G3, 2x Xeon E5335 2GHz, 4GB DDR2 RAM, 120GB Intel 530 SSD, 2x 250GB HDD, 2x 450GB 15K SAS HDD in RAID 1, 1x 2TB HDD, nVidia 8400GS, Delta DPS-650BB 650W PSU, Windows 7 Pro

Comment

if the caps are bulging up in the center, then most likely they are bad. one other thing to check, make sure that all your fans are working and nothing is clogged up of blocking air from getting through. If any parts are overheating, it can cause the same problem.

Comment

Same board, same caps, same problem. 3 TKs are bulged. Two near the PCI-E slot and one between the RAM slots and CPU socket.

This board has already been given a partial recap. I replaced the 3 1800uF 16V TK caps with 1500uF Ruby MBZ and the 1000uF OST RLS caps with Sanyo WG.

I've ordered more caps to replace the rest. The 470uF 16v caps (currently G-Luxon) will be replaced with MBZ. The 4 1800uF caps on the VRM out will be replaced with 820uF Nichicon LF Polys (like the other polys on it) and the other 1800uF caps will be replaced with MCZ.
                        Attached Files

Main PC: Core i7 3770K 3.5GHz, Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H-MVP, 8GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1600, 240GB Intel 335 Series SSD, 750GB WD HDD, Sony Optiarc DVD RW, Palit nVidia GTX660 Ti, CoolerMaster N200 Case, Delta DPS-600MB 600W PSU, Hauppauge TV Tuner, Windows 7 Home Premium

Office PC: HP ProLiant ML150 G3, 2x Xeon E5335 2GHz, 4GB DDR2 RAM, 120GB Intel 530 SSD, 2x 250GB HDD, 2x 450GB 15K SAS HDD in RAID 1, 1x 2TB HDD, nVidia 8400GS, Delta DPS-650BB 650W PSU, Windows 7 Pro

Comment

I got fedup with mine sitting in the corner and randomly decided to order some polymers. I replaced every one of the 1800uf Tk's with (they are LG and either 820 or 1000uf) but I've not tested stability yet, I probably will sometime this week though and I'll let ya'll know.

Comment

I've recapped mine. I ended up going with Panny FJ for the non-VRM 1800uF caps (a bit cheaper). It's been running in memtest all night now (15 Hours, 54 minutes and 38 seconds to be precise). 34 passes and still no problems yet.

Comment

Looks like it will be fine now. It ran without incident for:
                              24 hrs Memtest
                              24 hrs Prime95 Blend Test
                              24 hrs Prime95 In-Place FFT Test
                              24 hrs Prime95 Small FFT Test

Here's a picture of it with all those polys.
                              Attached Files

Comment

i have done a bunch of these.used 330@16 sanyo sep in vrm input.
                                820@2.5 fujitsu re on output.
                                same on vdimm and vtt.

Comment

Where can I get the replacement caps? I just ran into a friends' computer with 5 bad ones, an HP Pavilion a6357c with a MCP61PM-HM (Nettle2) motherboard. I haven't yet taken it apart to see which values they are, but they all seem to be the same type, like the row near the CPU.

I was trying to find a replacement board, but they're hard to find. A different board that may fit could be around 60-130$. I've recapped an ECS board many year ago, so it shouldn't be too difficult.

Does anyone know if the badcaps store MCP61SM-GM kit would work the same?
                                  Last edited by Pro289; 02-16-2011, 09:53 PM.

Comment

https://www.badcaps.net/store/index.php ?

Comment

After removing my MCP61SM-GM motherboard I found the 5 bad caps are the same 6.3v 1800uf caps as in the first post. So I figure I'll just get 9 and replace all of them to be sure. I'll have to post some pics later of my progress.

Comment

Well, success! I've purchased replacement caps from this website.
                                        All went okay. A little difficulty in clearing the holes of solder after removing the bad caps.
                                        I ended up using a 0.65mm drill bit to do the job.

My HP Pavilion a6357c is back to life! Prime95 now runs stable.
                                        Thanks BadCaps.net!

Attached Files
                                        Last edited by Pro289; 03-27-2011, 12:55 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                        X