X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hello,

Always have enjoyed learning how to fix things or learn that I can not and share what I learn. Looking through the posts I see a lot of people also like to do that.

Comment

Hello. Im recent graduate of delaware tech community college. Just finished my associates in electronics technology n im gonna attemp to fix my first vizio LCD tv.

Comment

Hi, all,

I like to fix things, and have done a handful of electronic repairs. I replaced a capacitor on an IBM PC-XT years ago. Saved a pile on that. More recently I have fixed some washing machines, and a $400 motherboard with a bad cap, and that worked. A friend had a vintage Singer sewing machine with power wires that were losing their insulation, and I replaced those wires and now the machine works fine. My church was gathering computers for an outreach, and I repaired many laptops; typically only mechanical parts like hinges were all that needed fixing. Just recently I tried to repair a car cd player, but though it loads CDs now, it still does not play them. And now I have an Emerson LCD TV whose power supply/inverter board has some bad parts - mainly Q600 and D611 (and maybe D610). So this looks like an interesting forum.

Thanks for letting me participate.
        Andy

Comment

Hello. I came to this place in the search for the solution to the problem that arouse in my home a few weeks ago. After a long search through the GOOGLE pages it became apparent to me that this is the place where I can find the answers. I am 36 y.o. male and I have no knowlege about electronics except that they must be plugged in the outlet or to the battery in order to function. I learn as I go, thanks to the internet, and of course to the people who makes this internet so useful - users of Badcaps forum.
          P.S. English is my second language so please be easy on my grammar. I learn as I go.

Comment

Hello, I am Eric
            I am a beginner of electronic repair. I want to learn about how to check voltage on motherboard, replace bad capacitors, replace IC and etc. Thanks,.

Comment

I am Tim, and go by worx on alot of different boards over the many years I was online... before that was t_tiger_mi. I started in computers and getting online with the Commodore 64/TI99-4a stuff in the early 80's, spending time on local MERIT dial in sites on the 300 and 1200 baud modems, getting on bulleten boards and chatting. In High school, I went the Electronics Voc-ed route, but changed from Electrical Engineering to Mechanical after a bad teacher for a couple of classes failed the whole classes...
              I made the transition to PCs late in teh game- with the 386sx-16 being the hot chip, then learning building PCs and networking out of necessity. It later became a network and onsite repair business for about 10 years, but now I work for someone else fixing their computers and network for a large contractor.
              I don't get to do my things much anymore, but hope to get them leveled off to where I can...

Comment

I guess this is where you do it, Dave in Dayton, retired, trying to keep broken stuff fixed.

Comment

Hi there everyone. Nothing too special about me. Just interested in learning about electronics, and how to use that knowledge in my normal life. I'm a DIY type of person, but a beginner in the field on electronics. Hope grow from here. 😊

Comment

IT'S ABOUT TIME!!!!
                    I came here because i'm a diy when it comes to TV's. I saw that this site had a great tips on fixing things and I need help with a couple of tv's!

Comment

Re: Well I'm New Too !!

Just found this site while looking for a schematic for the Bell 9242 power supply.

Looks like I'm in the right ballpark anyway.

Hope to see you all around.

JT

Comment

I joined a wile back but don't think i introduced myself properly.

Shamefully i came and learned and fixed and moved on but in the back of my mind i always knew i have badcaps to reference if the need arises... It still feels like i discovered water in the desert every time i come here...

What i learned from this forum and site has been invaluable in making many repairs on many power supplies and monitors. and SO many BAD caps!

It so great to see someone take the time to put all this together and give a place to discuss the issues we run into as tech geeks and freely offer his expertise and advice...And i feel compelled to give back a little over 30 years experience myself....

Especially now that the interwebs are clogged with advertising and flashy distractions you have to do a lot of digging to get down to some real science and technology at this component level...

So my salutes to all of you that contribute! and all that want to learn

Cheers
                        Chaz

Comment

This is Mike. I have read several pieces of advice on how to diagnosis a tv from this site and decided to join.

Comment

Hey Guys and Gals. Ive been trying to fix my TV for a bit now, and just happened to click on this site and its been a HUGE help. just so you know my background, I fix electronics for the US Navy and am working on my EE currently (though slowly). Cant wait to experience the full goodness of this site!

Comment

Hi everyone, I've been around awhile fixing TVs (newer LCDs, LEDs) for a hobby. I've just finished repairing an old 2006 Maxent 42" plasma (learned some things) and now on a Panasonic 2011 50" TC-P50S30 with some issues. Background is technical can use most repair equipment...fairly good at taking things apart...sometime putting them back together. Very good and useful information on this site. Greatly Appreciated.

Comment

Hi,

Just fulfilling my one post requirement so I can open a new thread.

Not sure if anybody reads this thread but I need some help with a couple of oscilloscopes I obtained from a friend. I will be opening a new thread about this in the forum "Equipment Usage, Soldering, Techniques, and Reviews"

Great site! I've learned a LOT just digging through other peoples threads and I am looking forward to taking my own skills to the next level with help from the members of this site and at some point being able to help others.

Peace

Comment

Hello everyone!

I'm new in here because searching for solutions to my humble little problem via Google always seemed to bring me here. So! I registered! But who am I?

I'm a British citizen who's lived most of his adult life in Denmark. I work with IT and have done since 1991.

I'm one of those people, who really wishes that the buy-new-when-broken mentality was curbed a little, so when I started having problems with my 42" lcd TV, I decided I'd try to fix it. That's why I'm here. :-)

Kindest regards to all!

Nigel

Comment

Hello,
                                    I'm a maintenance technician for a industrial molding company. I do alot of electrical, hydraulic, and pneumatic repairs within our plant. I just flat out like to fix things, anything!

Found this site because my LCD TV is giving us problems that I should be able to rectify with some help. I know how to use a meter and solder, so this shouldn't be to bad of a problem to fix.

Comment

I am 21 and i am from Malaysia, I have been messing with PCs since I was like 7 or 8 years old, so fixing up my own PCs comes natural as this is part of the learning curve. My first PC was a Pentium III 733Mhz with 384mb of ram on it, it is also the machine that get me started. The current PC that i have is a custom build unit with C2Q Q9300 2.5Ghz with (i know is a bit outdated, but it still works). Lately I collected a few motherboard's with bad capacitor, after some searching, I found this forum that is all about capacitor, so i decided to join in.

Comment

Hello everyone. I'm Dan. As a US Marine, I learned the majority of my electronics theory & training in service. I troubleshot & repaired PCBs down to the component level. Once discharged from service in 1976, I continued to work for various employers in electronics repair. Later, I got into industrial electronics/electrical trades including journeyman electrician licenses in 2-states.

I found this site while troubleshooting flat panel TVs - both plasma & LCD. The information I found has been very helpful. It seems a shame that the current repair methods for repairing these types of TVs is to replace the whole PCB vs. troubleshooting & replacing only the defective component(s). Guess economics tend to rule. Regardless, I always save old PCBs as I can 'steal' a capacitor, voltage regulator, etc. in order to repair another PCB.

My other passion is playing bluegrass music. We're trying to keep this style of music alive here in the Carolina's and the rest of the south.

Comment

Hi. I'm a tech working from Bulgaria

Comment

Working...
                                          X