This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i am a newbie but have been learning to repair tvs

hello everyone I am new to this site and I am introducing myself. I have been repairing Led and Lcd flatscreens for about a year as a hobby and make a little extra cash. i have found this sites information very helpful. I am in need of establishing my self because I have a couple of tvs that are stumping me and could use some help. thank you for allowing me to join.

Comment

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hello everybody. I have to say nice piece of work and knowledge concentration
      Hope I can share some experience a get new ideas what to use for my designs/repairs.

Comment

Howdy folks!Squizzy from Melbourne Australia.Complete newbie,novice,hack tinkerer.Just hoping to benefit from the wealth of knowledge contained within.Zero software skills.more interested in hardware fault rectification.Rock n Roll!!!!!

Comment

Re: i am a newbie but have been learning to repair tvs

Originally posted by bluedawg View Post
          hello everyone I am new to this site and I am introducing myself. I have been repairing Led and Lcd flatscreens for about a year as a hobby and make a little extra cash. i have found this sites information very helpful. I am in need of establishing my self because I have a couple of tvs that are stumping me and could use some help. thank you for allowing me to join.
          Hey bluedawg,can i pick ya brains?I too have a tv stumping me!??

Comment

Hi, here is staggsmen.
            I was a sort of PC user until have discovered the bug on all my PC's. It appeared with no invitation. Just came in using the back door, burn itself into firmware, then has extended the ownership over my systems. Needless to say I feel pity.

Comment

Hello, everyone!
              I'm Byronius. I found this forum after being referred to by a user on reddit's /r/techsupport sub's IRC channel.
              I had logged on in hopes to find an answer to the strange power issue currently affecting my aging Dell XPS17 L702X laptop.
              I'm a part time computer technician and also a filmmaking student (and a filmmaker.) I use my computer for several things... from the run-of-the-mill to gaming to video editing and even music creation.
              I'm hoping to at the very least make a few good friends here.

Comment

Hi all
                I'm and old fart close to retirement--being playing with old computer since the 1990's
                My wife always threatens to throw me out due to all the old computer "junk " lying around. Was a unix system manager in the old days but now love fixing old computers mainly Windows. My electronic knowledge ain't great as I am a mechanical engineer
                Looks like a great site--wish I knew about it earlier

Comment

Hello all,
                  My name is mike and im an alc..... wait a minute wrong (forum)..
                  How about Hi my name is mike! yeah, thatll do.

So my electronics experience consists of being an ET In the navy for 6 years, prior to that having aquired a B.S. in Personal Computing/Networking Technology, prior to that, having loved to take everything i could get my hands on apart, prior to that.... well i dont need to go back that far.

So, Im fairly familiar with this forum as ive used it for reference a lot over the past couple few years, but alas, the time has come to need to post a question, as the one i have has not been asked yet. (either that or i dont know how to search... ya right..) But now that ive finally been sucked into the loop, hopefully I can provide useful information when I see the opportunity to do so.

Comment

Hi to all the members at this nice site I give the tanks for all the post that's be help full for all the people

Comment

Hello everyone - I found my way here and registered because after reading for hours I was reading a post from a Senior member that just made sense to me - all the people changing the specs on replacement caps to better the Samsung board I am working on - Your guy says it's a myth that Samsung specs are wrong - they are just bad caps - I couldn't agree more

Comment

hi to all, hope im going to find this useful

Comment

Hello many thnks

Comment

Hellomy name is Agustín i´m from mexico and i need some help about a bios error in a laptop of my job

Excusme my english.

Thanks a lot.

Comment

hi all

hope i can save the money for a new monitor by getting my old one to work

rick

Comment

Hi guys!

I've came across this site a few times theses last years and every time; it was well worth it!

So I've decided to register to learn, share and help others from the experience I have.

So thanks again and talk to you soon!

Comment

Hello. My name is Steve. Found my way here trying to fix a Samsung TV with bad caps. Got those replaced. Looking for this elusive EEPROM chip. This site has helped a lot. Thanks.

Comment

Hi Guys,
                                    I love working with computers and most interestingly fascinated about the electronics bit. I came across this cool site when I was looking for ways to fix up my failing LG TV but seems like there's far more going on here in the forums looking forward to having a look around

Comment

Hello everyone. I love to tinker on things and have a Z50P J240 that will be my first attempt at repairing a television. I have already learned a lot from reading posts on the forum but I am sure I will have a few questions.

Comment

Hello,

hope i can find help

may peace stay on earth

Comment

Hi,

I'm an electronics hobbyist and EE that has designed, built and repaired a lot of consumer and computer electronics. Mainly just trying to maintain my CE stuff these days though! I really appreciate this forum the contributions people have made to this forum!

Comment

Working...
                                          X