X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hi everyone.

I am new to this kind of stuff and am looking forward to learning more from you guys and gals. I am from Calgary and have a fulltime job and am looking on doing this in the side

Comment

2. Can there be another reason beside the bad cap for the fuse on my power supply to always blow ? (Fuse at FE801 on the BN44-00175A board). I was thinking of a resistor but the one I tested looked good. Maybe a diode but I don't have the tool to test it (well I have a multimeter).

If you lift one end of almost ANY discrete electronic component, you can use a standard multimeter to check to see if it is shorted. You should use the Ohms scale, AND measure the resistance across the device. If you are not sure of the component put a 10 K resistor in series with one lead.
      Theory E (voltage) = I (current) X (times) R (resistance) or I = E/R and R=E/I The reason for the series resistor is there are surface mount fuses that are rated at 10ma. The 10K resistor will limit the current from the ohmmeter to less than 1ma.
      Diodes are checked for forward and reverse resistance. There usually is a 1000 to 1 ratio on good diodes. Un-solder one end of the diode and measure the resistance (ohms) from the lifted end to the other end, then reverse the meter leads and compare the results. Less than 1000 to 1 and the diode is probably bad.

Comment

hello, new to the site and kind of new to the whole electronics thing so still learning

Comment

Hi everyone, my name is chooky found your wonderful site from ebay somone referred you. So glad i found out about you ...fantastic ...amazing...thankyou

Comment

Hi, I'm Eugene, Electronics is my hobby when I was young, but now I have to use my skills to make me a living. I'm buying defective stuff mostly LCD monitors with bad caps of course :P then i sell them. Good thing there is BAdcap.net that keeps me well-informed, updated and the opportunity to exchange knowledge from known Contributors that unselfishly sharing their expertise...

Extending my gratitudes to all staff and members and the whole community..

Comment

Hello, I am new to the site. I am an electrician but I deal mostly with motor controls. Joined to try to get some info on how to fix my tv. Did a lot of reading and seems like a great site but I need to ask some questions so here I go.

Comment

Hey all

Just like to say hey to anyone that reads this thread...it's pretty big. New to this, hoping to find some head pain relief here. I am a mechanic by trade, so I fix stuff by smashing it. Unfortunately dosent seem to work to well with my plasma,,,,lol. Looking forward to meeting you all.

Cheers

Comment

Awesome site! Found it while searching for a replacement diode on my LG 42PJ350-UB.

I rolled the Pacman score back to zero on the original Atari before I could ride a bike. My first computer was a C64 but I really only played video games on it. (It was really my parents computer, but I used it more than anyone else.) I built my first computer about 11 years ago. Pentium 3 1ghz w/1 gig ram.. played EQ on that for years. Currently running an HP Pavilion M9000T w/Q6600 and 3 gig ram and Nvidia GT 250.

AA Electronics 1997

Comment

Hi new to the site...found it while researching our broken TV. Being broke seems to be the best catalyst for learning (though I'm a bit of a learning junky to begin with but it's always nice to have a "focus") I'm looking forward to learning from you all, I like what I see so far.

Comment

Hi everyone, my name is Sebastien. I found this site because I'm in search of some capacitors for a tired Samsung monitor and I will need your help to choose the best components to fix it up.

I enjoy doing pretty much everything myself but not afraid to ask for help when I need to. I work on my own car, my house, my computer. I really enjoy the learning experiences and I think it's time I tackle some fine electronics DIY skills. I already opened up my PSP and cell phone in the past for some simple fixes. Time for an upgrade.

Comment

HI, i am chooky found this wonderful site from an ebayer hoping to learn heaps from you.
                        You are wonderful now i know what a z sus and v sus is. thanks heaps

Comment

Hi everyone... im a newbie!!!! Looking for some general advice on help with a current issue i have with my LG LCD Tv... Hope ill get it sorted!!!

Comment

Hi. I am a Computer Museum Curator in the UK.

I have had lots of experience with exploding tantalums in old boxes. Nowadays we mostly fix that by soaking in 110v before we apply 230.

Comment

Noob here. I joined to learn about electronics. I'm a DIY fanatic, do most of my car and home repairs, but lack the knowledge/experience to save my plasma from the scrap heap. (I've got a 2011 Panasonic TC-P46X3 which stopped working after 18 months). Hopefully I'll learn enough to get it back in service, and even if I don't, I'll still learn something!

Comment

Hi all, iv been in the computer industry for 20 years now and have done a fair bit of recapping. I can setup a multinational computer network however if the cap aint bulging or leaking then I fall right down. This is the reason im here as my need for knowledge has now taken over and its time to learn

Comment

Howdy all,

Found this forum while troubleshooting my sister-in-law's Plasma.
                                  I've found some very good info from some obviously very knowledgeable people.
                                  Seems a great community here, look forward to participating.

I have a background associated with electronics, but don't know a whole lot of component level troubleshooting anymore.
                                  I'm rather nervous when it comes to repairing electronics. I want to be 100% sure I'm fixing the correct part, and then I check it 10 more times to be sure.

Anyway, thanks for having me.

Brian

Comment

Hi! I'm a Russian programmer (industrial automation - PLC, SCADA, etc.). Love everything that produces visible results of work - robots, light machines - all that stuff. My last (and best) toy I've made was a small laser projector (two HDD actuators, two small mirrors and a laser pointer). Soldering is not a question for me but I'm always trying to avoid it as long as I can .

Comment

Hello I think this forum is a valuable source of knowledge and saves things being thrown away.

Comment

Just wanted to introduce myself, Gunther1911, a T.V. tech. in Michigan. Im on hear because you can always learn more :-)

Comment

I've Lenovo G475 with very strange fault! it does power on from Battery but not from Ac Adapter but when AC adapter is plugged in, the charging light blinks and shows charging battery but actually not charging the battery still consumes it's energy and constantly decreases the volume. on the power button always voltage when only ac adapter is plugged in is 16V instead of 3.3V and abt 8V when only battery is plugged in and if both are plugged in then it's normal like 3.3 volts! but it does power on with 8v from battery but not with 16v from Ac adapter only. very strange fault please help if any other technician have same problem

Comment

Working...
                                          X