This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hello! my friends my name is Cash, i'm a electrician by trade but i new i had the knack.
    but ironically i did not get my first PC until 2005, then the world began i had to know if there was a problem, i had to be on top of it: there it was my first look inside a PC,.
    i'm a mt! quickly knowing all the latest software from the help of itt, mit and hp tech friends.
    servicing came in the door. but the itch i had was TV,S so which brings me here First and foremost its better to give than to receive! all my gifts and knowledge came from being a giver! "A real Tech is one that knows were they started from which was someone gave a hoot! to listen and share the Fruits and Re-Root!' this is not a job for me its my Passion. i am here 24/7
    Ca$hreal

Comment

Hello!

Hi! My name is Kristijan, I'm electrician and I hate to see things working

Comment

Hi guys

Comment

Hi,my is jose I am working in a toshiba 40rv52r the power is not working,

Comment

Hello,

My name is Ron and I'm constantly finding new "broken" items to work on. I can't stand to see anything of value go to the recycling center without trying to fix it first.

Hope to learn a lot on this forum.

Ron

Comment

Hello guys

My name is Domagoj and i live in Croatia I've been fixing computer for some time now, but recently I decided to learn chip level repair, so this forum will be a great start, thanks

Comment

Hello there!

Comment

Sup guys,

My name is philip from philippines, hope to learn something here.

Always be positive.

Comment

Hi to everyone !

Comment

Hello everyone,

I'm Kev from England, i've already fixed two 226BW monitors after reading various posts from here so thought I would register to see if I can fix the last one.

Comment

Newbie here, new to the forum, otherwise, old as dirt. Been replacing caps since before it was fashionable. Started out fixing computer monitors, back when they all had crt's. Fixed thousands and thousands of those. Blew up a few.
                        Now working as a computer tech, but fix most anything electronic that comes through the door. Mostly don't know what I am doing, but good at faking it. Get lucky finding the faults a lot. cya on the forum.

Bill

Comment

Hi, came here to research fixing a broken HG281D monitor.

Comment

Hello, my name is Josip. I am going to electronic school in my city.
                            I have some experience in electromechanical course Relays , Motors (3PH) contactors.
                            My actual education is based on microcontrollers, TVs, radios , industrial electronics etc.

Comment

Hey guys......
                              I am new member who from Sri Lanka. Frankly speaking i dont have any qualification in electronics but i love it since i was a boy and went through many hand books and tutorials to learn basics of electronics.
                              After 15 years of experience in industry i gained good knowledge in electronics which is good enough to do some DIY stuff.
                              However now i repairing notebooks and related electronic items as a part time work.
                              I would like to share my experiences as well as knowledge to other members, whereas lot of members here doing that already.
                              Have a nice day....!

Comment

Hi all,

Kevin here from Tennessee. Although I've never had any formal training in electronics I've always been technically gifted. I do a lot of research online etc. Studied and received my amateur radio license at age 13. My real job is completely unrelated to electronics but I still find this type of stuff interests me. I've repaired 5 flat screen TV's in the last little bit just for fun and to pass the time. Looking forward to learning all I can here.

Comment

Hello, I work with eletronics, mainly computers and network now.
                                  I am here to learn and share what I know.

Comment

Hello my dad recently bought me a laptop a month ago and there is a password and I cant get it off. So i heard of badcaps and i need some help

Comment

My name is Tommy here. I am actually a computer guy but that is not the reason I joined this forum. I came across this form when trying to research fixing my LCD flat screen TV. I replaced a couple to capacitors in the past but I'm relatively new to it. I do think the issue I'm having with my TV is capacitor related according to all of the research I've done.

like I said I'm a computer guide software, and hardware you name it. I have built hundreds of custom machines for myself family and friends.

I am in my 40's and currently live in the Midwest.

Comment

Hello everybody, I am new to this forum, my name is Nicolin, 52 yo, electrical engineer, working in different fields starting as a maintenance eng for railroad security systems in Europe and moved into Montreal Canada in1993. Now I am working as integrator for business airplanes done by Bombardier aerospace. I am building and fixing electronics devices from 30-35 years. I started by building audio amplifiers using germanium transistors model ASZ18, they are old. Now I am fixing everything around the house, the TVs, the PC monitors, upgrade the PC etc...
                                        Thanks for your interesting shared experiences and knowledge, Nicolin

Comment

Hello,my name is Afzal!

(This is a copy of my first post I did since becoming a member,I did not introduce myself in this thread,I am very sorry)

First I need to introduce my self.

I am from Sri Lanka, and i am also a Electronics Tech / Software Programmer for some years. I do repairs on Computers,PSU,Alarm System panels,CRT /LCD monitors ,and access control card readers,and sometimes X-ray machines etc.The company that I work for does installation / repair /service of security-related electronics equipment for 20+ years. I am 34 years old.

I am studying at the open university of Sri Lanka(I am a late starter) and do my own repair work in my spare time.

I need advice and help on some CRT scopes that had been given to me from the company that i work for as they were removing old items and upgrading equipment.I had managed to some what 'nurse' a very old leader electronics 40MHz 1041 scope from 'death' and is working and is managable!

I hope to contribute to the discussions in the future.

Thank you.

Comment

Working...
                                          X