X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hi all,

I'm Chris, from Jupiter Florida. I'm here to troubleshoot and figure out a way to repair a 42'' LCD TV with a solarized image that I scored off of Craigslist for 20 bucks, hah.

Comment

Hello all
      I'm in my mid 40's and always trying to fix things (instead of throwing away). electronics is new to me and a challenge i figure if it was put together it must come apart, but sometimes for me it just doesn't work that way... ha ha

Comment

Hi,

My name is Rendy. Found this website on google when searching for my TV problem, I found out the users here is very helpful and open to the new members, so I decided to register and try to ask a question for my TV.

I will also try to help another member if I know about the subject of the matter. But since I am still a CS student, my knowledge is very limited and keep learning new things from internet (college not really help in this matter ).

Comment

Hi,

Been doing a lot of reading on here. Came across this site while trying to find the problem with my TV.

I'm an Instrumentation Technician. From St. John's, Newfoundland, Canada.

Love this sites, tons and tons of info and great people to help.

Comment

It has been said that knowledge is power… and I like POWER. Although I'm not anywhere near the level of circuit understanding that it appears most of you are, I'm certainly interested in learning. I'm also interested in sharing the knowledge, and this forum seems to be just the ticket. After all, can you ever really have too much power?

Comment

Hi. My name is Dave from UK and I found this site searching google.

My TV Plasma PS51D6900 has same problem as another persons so I thought maybe get some info ?

Thanks. I'm a knuckle head.

Comment

Hello everyone.

Was given a large LCD TV. Only a few years old, looks to be in good shape, but is not working. So want to try to fix it. Will be the first one for me of this type. Fixed things around the house on a regular basis, but have not tried electronics yet. Should be fun! Hoping to learn from experts on this forum. Thanks.

Comment

Hello everybody !
                  I've stumble in this forum while searching help for my seak toshiba! And I became nº 1 FAN !
                  I've found the solution for my problem !

Thanks all

Comment

Hello badcaps,

I am from Rochester area, currently a self employed IT consultant guy. I stumbled here looking to refresh my component level repair knowledge because of a series of high powered audio amplifiers that I was asked to repair.

My background started with component level repair of pc's, monitors, Wyse terminals, and printers in '91. I was a budding programmer a couple years before that with my Tandy 1000sx, that I modified to have an internal 30 Meg MFM harddrive and a 5.25 & 3.5 Drives, and a volume control for the internal speaker so I could play games at night without waking up my parents!! I am professionally a hardware (22 yrs.) and software (14 yrs.) guy, and love audio, video, and computers!

I am intrigued by this site and excited to be doing this new job. Looking forward to the refresher in component level repairs.

CUround

Comment

I'm a new member close to the Denver Metro area more like out on the eastern plains. Joined up so I could have my TV diagnosed. possibly fix it myself. thanks for all your help.

Comment

Hi
                        I'm an electrical engineer from New York. I'm interested in learning about component level repair of laptop motherboards.

Comment

Hi,
                          I joins this forum to get help fixing my 55" Samsung LED TV, reading many posts In this forum I believe this is the best one.
                          Thx
                          Yasser

Comment

Hello All, My name is Bob and I have been in the electronic repair business for over 30 years. I currently run a one man shop in Illinois (100 miles south of Chicago). I found your site while doing a search for A Vizio board repair. I hope to become an active member here and will add my expertise whenever I can.

Comment

Hello Hello

My name is Ethan and I've lurked and gleaned much from this forum in the past. I'm one of those guys with no formal training but like to do my research before cracking open things. Had fairly good success with a few recaps (minus the AOC monitor). Getting ready for this VISIO VX37L laying on my bed with it's back off. There is almost too much info about this model in this forum but I'll compile and print myself up a troubleshooter with that info. I'll be sure to post my voltages and photos once I get
                              everything in order for discussion.

Cheers

Comment

Hi all! Long time lurker of BadCaps, finally decided to join. Thanks for all the great information over the years!

Comment

Hi all me too im also a long time lurker but i joined ages ago
                                  im from the uk learning about fixing lcd tv's and enjoying it

thanks for the great forums and the countless information

kind regards
                                  Gary

Comment

Hello to all

Comment

Hello everyone, here like everyone else to enjoy all the knowledge that is shared within the community!

Comment

Hello from Italy

Comment

I repair Arcade CRT monitors which suffer from bad caps due to their age.

Comment

Working...
                                          X