Thank you to the guys at HEGE supporting Badcaps [ HEGE ] [ HEGE DEX Chart ]

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sharp LED TV flashing green 2x per second - LC-70LE735X, DPS-222BP, RUNTKA857WJQZ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Sharp LED TV flashing green 2x per second - LC-70LE735X, DPS-222BP, RUNTKA857WJQZ

With jumper wires on:
    PD-15 (BU5V) ----- 14 PS_ON ( turn on UR13.2V )
    PD-15 (BU5V) ----- 16 PNL_POW (turn on PNL12V )
    PD-15 (BU5V) ----- 24 (STB) ( turn on BL_ on ) IC7700
    PD-15 (BU5V) ----- 21 OFL
    *PD-15 (BU5V) ----- 19 Dimmer (983ohm resistor)

PD Connector:
    PD-1 (PNL12V) : 11.92V
    PD-2 (PNL12V) : 11.92V
    PD-3 (SGRN) : 0V
    PD-4 (SGRN) : 0V
    PD-5 (UR13.2V) : 13.05V
    PD-6 (UR13.2V) : 13.05V
    PD-7 (UR13.2V) : 13.05V
    PD-8 (UR13.2V) : 13.05V
    PD-9 (SGRN) : 0V
    PD-10 (SGRN) : 0V
    PD-11 (SGRN) : 0V
    PD-12 (SGRN) : 0V
    PD-13 (AC_DET) : 3.27V
    PD-14 (PS_ON) : 4.95V
    PD-15 (BU5V) : 4.95V
    PD-16 (PNL_POW) : 4.58V
    PD-17 (NC) : 0.04V
    PD-18 (NC) : 0.04V
    **PD-19 (DIMMER) : 4.55V**
    PD-20 (NC) : 0.04V
    *PD-21 (OFL) : 1.74V*
    PD-22 (ERROR) : 0V
    PD-23 (NC) : 0.04V
    PD-24 (SBY) : 4.3V

Added PD-15 to PD-19 with 983ohm resistor and read 4.55V, and value of PD21 changed from 0V to 1.74V.
    Still the same - screen flashes for a split second then off.
    Last edited by beetle1303; 04-23-2022, 07:25 AM.

Comment

Re: Sharp LED TV flashing green 2x per second - LC-70LE735X, DPS-222BP, RUNTKA857WJQZ

These SHAPRs have bad contacts (connectors) on the LED strips (you need to solder them)

Comment

at this moment i wouldn't care of this since PD-22 (ERROR) =0 V mean no error.
        MB signal are not only V. its pules freq. we can see there are several pins need signal..

i never read some one successfully to run the BL on at this PCB all are one click.. one things more this BL had nothings to do with main fault.. because MB just one signal send PS_ON no other signal as the cpu communication failed.

Comment

the mystery deepens, lol.

Comment

Originally posted by nomoresonys View Post
            the mystery deepens, lol.
            good points... OP need to dive deep to see whats going on this second blink..

Comment

Originally posted by lotas View Post
              These SHAPRs have bad contacts (connectors) on the LED strips (you need to solder them)
              So I re-soldered all the pins of L1 and L2 connectors.

Some of the pins has got tiny bubbles when heated up, not sure if those are signs of bad contact?

But now it doesn't flash at all... Value of OFL changed from 1.74V to 0.8V, all others remain the same.

Comment

check again yours soldering work that no short between pins...
                remove the dimmer jumper they will flash again
                wait for yours MB.

Comment

Originally posted by Diah View Post
                  check again yours soldering work that no short between pins...
                  remove the dimmer jumper they will flash again
                  wait for yours MB.
                  Cleaned up my shoddy act on L1 & L2, and Tada - BL ON!! Such a beautiful sights!!!

Thank you every one - your guys are magicians to me

And yes sir - waiting for my MB.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by beetle1303 View Post
                    Cleaned up my shoddy act on L1 & L2, and Tada - BL ON!! Such a beautiful sights!!!

Thank you every one - your guys are magicians to me

And yes sir - waiting for my MB.
                    so you can sleep today on the screen light LOL

Comment

VERY nice, mystery solved.

Comment

I was pretty sure I saw this model with forced on backilghts on some forum somewhere.

Comment

well I should have mentioned checking the solder joints, I guess I preach it so much I just assumed I already did, I must be slipping.
                          Last edited by nomoresonys; 04-23-2022, 10:48 AM.

Comment

at this moment i wouldn't care of this since PD-22 (ERROR) =0 V mean no error.
                            MB signal are not only V. its pules freq. we can see there are several pins need signal..

i never read some one successfully to run the BL on at this PCB all are one click.. one things more this BL had nothings to do with main fault.. because MB just one signal send PS_ON no other signal as the cpu communication failed.
                            This was a very good clue too, the first part that is. lol.

Comment

Knew there was something wrong on powerboard side, NEVER saw on you couldn't turn on.

Comment

After a good night sleep rejoicing the romantic backlight, we thought of summarizing which PD pins must be jumped in turn on the BL. So a created a matrix, and start testing each combination.
                                To my horror - none of the combinations work and no more BL!!!

After several trial and errors - all jump wires are with 850ohm resistor, and only one with 983ohm, and it turns out, PD-21 OFL on only work with this 983ohm resistor, not the 850ohm ones!

Also, PD-19 Dimmer is not necessary for this work on also.
                                Attached Files

Comment

ok, interesting, was wondering what combo was needed.

Comment

While waiting for MB, I was googling for a Sharp TV boot sequence/hand-shaking, but did not find a complete documentation.
                                    This is what I guessed based on the conversions:
                                    1) Powered up - PD15 BU5V gets 4.96V to MB
                                    2) MB send PD24 STB 4.7V, turns on red standby indicator light
                                    3) Pressed power button, MB sends PD14 PS_ON 4.95V to PSU
                                    4) PSU turns on PD5-8 UR13. 2V 13.05V, and sends PD13 AC_DET 3. 27V to MB
                                    5) MB sends PD16 PNL_POW 4.58V to PSU
                                    6) PSU turns on PD1-2 PNL12V 11. 92V
                                    7) MB sends PD19 Dimmer 0.14V and PD21 OFL 4.16V
                                    8) PSU turns on BL!

Besides obviously more and various checks and sensing for and between each step, is this close enough, or far from being correct?

Comment

poists 2, not exactly, becuase the LED indicator connected to MB not PCB, and the first points when PCB send BU5V this will be used to LED indicatore and to start the SPI Flash.

i thinl STB they mean start BL circuit. because other to tuen on 13 and panel 12 are clear.

any way. its good if you rework the socket on MB take it out clean the solder and resolder it again correct... who knows could we have different sign. since LED BL worked after rework soldering then do it on the MB socket too.

Comment

poists 2, not exactly, becuase the LED indicator connected to MB not PCB, and the first points when PCB send BU5V this will be used to LED indicatore and to start the SPI Flash.

i thinl STB they mean start BL circuit. because other to tuen on 13 and panel 12 are clear.

any way. its good if you rework the socket on MB take it out clean the solder and resolder it again correct... who knows could we have different sign. since LED BL worked after rework soldering then do it on the MB socket too.
                                        So not surprisingly, after re-soldering the PB connector on the MB side - no indicator lights, power backlights, nothing..

Anyone has any document or reference to Sharp booting sequence/hand-shaking protocols? I personal feel this would be a very help guide on focusing problem solving on Power Board first or Mainboard first.

Comment

well it was working, then you messed with the mainboard connector, I think you tried to over-fix it, not good, maybe same as before re-check your work.
                                          Last edited by nomoresonys; 04-26-2022, 07:50 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                          X