Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Samsung UN55TU7000 no picture but have power, backlight, and sound

Hi all,

I obtained this Samsung UN55TU7000 and want to save to save from going to the dump. It has backlight when I turn on the TV, it stays lit, and when I click the menu on the remote the backlight blinks and has sound.
    I've search here and looked up pages after pages but I can't find the specific one. I'm only equipped with soldering iron and multimeter for now. I've found plenty of shorted caps in the right side panel (when looking in front of TV) itself since this Samsung has the T-con integrated. No short on the left side. The pattern of the shorted caps is as followed.

C44,C43,161--C160,C46,C45--C159,C48,C47--C162,C50,C49--C52,C51,C163--and 2 unnamed caps circled. I've marked them all in the pics.

I haven't tested any voltages as I'm not sure which one's to test. I don't know how to go about from here. Do you guys think this is still fixable? Please advise on how to go about. Thanks in advance.
    Attached Files

Re: Samsung UN55TU7000 no picture but have power, backlight, and sound

Did you find those shorted caps with the LVDS cable connected ?

Comment

Originally posted by diif View Post
      Did you find those shorted caps with the LVDS cable connected ?
      Short is there without the LVDS connected. LVDS only connects to the right panel then cable ribbon connects from right panel to left. There's no short caps on the left panel at all.

Comment

More information from me. I just got around to checking the voltages in the shorted panel. I have no voltages on the dots (VGL,VSS,AVCM,TVCM). I looked up flash memory 25Q32JVSIQ Winbond and measured it as well. I didn't get any VCC voltage but I got 3volts from pin1 (chip select).
        Attached Files

Comment

Update: i found the short cap and replaced it with same size. No more short as tested but I still have no voltages (VGL,VSS). Any ideas?

Comment

check the pico fuses on your main board, chances are the short blew one of them, located close to the power connection

Comment

Originally posted by chopdre View Post
              check the pico fuses on your main board, chances are the short blew one of them, located close to the power connection
              Thanks you for the tip! I had to remove the heat shroud to locate this one hiding and this might be the culprit. I don't have the exact replacement for this one though. Any suggestions just for testing purposes?
              Attached Files

Comment

Update: found a replacement and TV is now working well. Thanks for the tips!

Comment

Originally posted by Pwtzz View Post
                  Update: found a replacement and TV is now working well. Thanks for the tips!
                  What cap did you end up replacing?

Comment

Working...
                  X