LG 43UH620V LCD PANEL TO LG 43UJ635V + other questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LG 43UH620V LCD PANEL TO LG 43UJ635V + other questions

Hi everyone, I'm fairly new to the whole TV repair process so had a few questions and will probably have a lot more in order to learn from you lot.

I collected a few TV's yesterday from FB.
    The LG 43UH620V works but has a blue tint.
    LG 43UJ635V turns on but the screen is just smashed to pieces.

I was wondering if it was possible to get the panel from the LG 43UH620V and replace it on LG 43UJ635V.

If not, could I take the LED strips from 43UJ635V and replace them into the 43UH620V?

Secondly, I've only opened up 2017/2018 model LG TV's, the back covers seem to be easy to come off but this 2016 LG 43UH620V back cover...I'm really struggling to get it off. Even snapped a piece off my prying tool. Examined the whole thing and can't find any hidden screws, removed 11 screws out from the back. Couldn't find a video on how to dismantle it, the designs a bit different to the 2017/2018 LG TV's. Any help there would be appreciated.

And lastly, when ordering replacement LED strips I've just went on Aliexpress and typed in the model number and tried to match the look and numbers on the strip itself.
    Set of 3 strips with 7 leds on each strip, LC43490059A
    All have different prices depending on the model number... but they're all effectively the same thing right?
    Should I just play it safe and pay a bit more just because the title/description specifically says my model?
    Eg https://imgur.com/a/gHY1Bp4
    Some cost £9, others £12+
    Does this 'LC43490059A' number make a difference?

I've opened up one TV and it had 'LC43490059A' on the strip but when I put the model no on ali express the top recommended strips would say 'LC43490089A' so had to scroll down to find ones with the same number but I'm thinking it's not be all end all.
    Eg 43UJ634V gives me this 59a and this 89a

As you can tell I have no idea what those numbers even mean but I just try to match them up as the original one in the TV

It's alot of questions to digest and probably answer so understand its frustrating to write a response but I like to learn new things

Thanks for any advice and help

Re: LG 43UH620V LCD PANEL TO LG 43UJ635V + other questions

Some sets require that you run something like a guitar pick along the edge to release the back cover from it's snap in positions.
    Aliexpress do replacement leds quite cheap. https://tinyurl.com/83u846cn
    Last edited by dick_barton; 08-18-2021, 03:20 AM.
    Willing to help but I'm no expert.

Comment

Yeah got a guitar pick tool too. Just seems to carve into the plastic of my tool

Edit: Really just shoving into it now, but scared gonna break stuff on the inside. Any recomemndations for best prying tools? from UK btw
      Last edited by NoobieTVrepair; 08-18-2021, 03:24 AM.

Comment

I have a set here that an absolute pain to open up but using a combination of different thickness picks the set does open up. Some sets have a small opening at the botton edge on both sides where you can make a start.

Comment

Yeah keep cutting into my hands

https://imgur.com/a/r2nppuk thats what it looks like. the edges is tricky because it kind of goes out

Comment

Originally posted by dick_barton View Post
            I have a set here that an absolute pain to open up but using a combination of different thickness picks the set does open up. Some sets have a small opening at the botton edge on both sides where you can make a start.
            Just wondering if you know if the LCD panel swap works and the whole LED strip conundrum?

Comment

Sorry but I have no idea. For the panels you could look up their specifications and see if they match.

Comment

So managed to get off the back cover and bezel but now I'm stuck at the panel part

The thin narrow board connected to the panel at the bottom appears to be stuck, its got hook like plastic on the top and the bottom. This TV's a real problem to take apart :/

Anyways I've attached pics of what they look like and if I could swap them over if anyone knows (when I finally manage to get the panel off the bloody thing)

https://imgur.com/a/I38P7jv

Pictures of both TV's with a description underneath

Comment

You have to gently lift the thin PCBs attached with the flex cables over the bits of plastic that hold it in place. One can be seen in your photo, thre's a white square on the PCB behind it.

Comment

If you have some masking take then tape the narrow pcb to the lcd screen so thatyou do not damage the flexible ribbon connection between it and the panel glass.

Comment

Should have said "masking tape"

Comment

Blue painters tape is better, it doesn't leave any residue.

Comment

Thanks everyone! Finally got it all undone, and unfortunately the 2016 screen wasnt compatible for the 2017 model.

Does anyone know anything about the LED question though?

I used my LEDs from the broken strip with LC43490059A ( 7 LEDS) to replace another blue tint LG TV but the LEDs in that one was LC43490058A. It worked but can anyone explain what the difference is?

Comment

None. If they physically fit and have the same connector and LED count, they are the same. Internal model numbers get bumped up for a lot of reasons.
                            Originally posted by PeteS in CA
                            Remember that by the time consequences of a short-sighted decision are experienced, the idiot who made the bad decision may have already been promoted or moved on to a better job at another company.
                            A working TV? How boring!

Comment

Originally posted by Th3_uN1Qu3 View Post
                              None. If they physically fit and have the same connector and LED count, they are the same. Internal model numbers get bumped up for a lot of reasons.
                              Thanks for that info, guess Ill just go by the amount of leds and length. save me money

Comment

Working...
                              X