SAMSUNG UN60D-removing LED panel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SAMSUNG UN60D-removing LED panel

Hello, I am repairing a 60 inch Samsung. I have removed the bezel and aluminum frame that goes around the perimeter of the LED panel. I have suction cups. I can not remove the panel its stuck. I have removed panels several times before and they just lift out. Any one have any advice?

Thanks
    J

Re: SAMSUNG UN60D-removing LED panel

It may be glued down however I have done this tv before and it was not. Check the sides of the panel just below where you removed the bezel. Sometimes they put a piece of tape on the sides and wrap it to the side of the tv. Be careful of the panel tabs also. The board is in 4 pieces and easily broken.

Comment

I just did the Samsung UN60D6000SF and it was very stressful. What had happened was on all four sides the thin rubber strips that support the panel and should only have adhesive on one side only stuck to both the panel and the panel supports. I had to use a thin piece of mylar to break it free. The top and the sides were not too bad - carefully hold the COF up on the sides when you do that in case you get a sudden release.

As for the bottom it was the worst as the buffer boards had to be rolled back and then very carefully work the mylar shim up underneath the panel. Some of the issue is in places the rubber strips were stuck better to the panel than to the panel support and would want to bunch up.

Oh, and don't try lifting with the bottom support unfastened thinking you can just take care of it once the panel is out. The diffusor sheets are attached to it making that method impossible.

And another caution if it is the same age as the one I did the side plastic panel supports were very brittle, and one literally crumbled at the top. Perhaps it is because the LED's are on the side and they are exposed to a lot of heat. Anyway, just be extra careful with them.

Comment

Thank you ! very good advice

Comment

Working...
        X