Vizio d50-f1 no bl no image yes sound

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vizio d50-f1 no bl no image yes sound

So I get black screen, but has white light on front when turned on that will fade to off. Has no backlight, had sound, and could see menu with flashlight. Have already replaced tcon and power boards. Not sure if it popped when it went out as I had fallen asleep watching it and woke up to it not turning on. After visual inspection of boards can't seem to find any blemishes or bad capacitors to my eyes. Haven't tested any voltages because I'm an amateur when it comes to electronics so far. Cars have been my specialty for repairs until my Xbox and now my TV went out. Fixed the Xbox, now to fix this any help is greatly appreciated.
    Attached Files

Re: Vizio d50-f1 no bl no image yes sound

Measure the voltage on the led strings, see what you get. I am guessing one or more is open (bad LED’s).

Comment

Is that possible without removing the panel?

Comment

Found the labeling on the pa board I apologize. Forgive my ignorance :/

Comment

cn5502 on the psu

Comment

All I see is cn8602 if you mean that plug in. I tested it and got 20v with TV powered but not on. Also tested on main board at cable going into the back panel from the main board and got 20v and without that cable plugged

Comment

What SHOULD it be? And that only comes through on 2 pins. The rest are 0

Comment

Originally posted by Afro420ninja View Post
                All I see is cn8602 if you mean that plug in. I tested it and got 20v with TV powered but not on. Also tested on main board at cable going into the back panel from the main board and got 20v and without that cable plugged
                You need to check the voltage on CN8602 pins (14,13,12, or 10) while turning the tv ON. I suspect you have an open led in the panel, There seem to be 8 led's per string with 4 strings.
                Last edited by R_J; 06-25-2021, 08:58 PM.

Comment

My bad, CN8602… couldn’t read it. you need to manage to read the Voltage on each LED string while being connected to the LEDs. LEDs are current controlled, not voltage controlled. With that LED plug disconnected, you should see voltage ramping up fast while turning the TV set on, then ramping down again while then staying at a low voltage like your 20V.

Comment

Working...
                  X