Sony KDL-70W850B T-CON problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Sony KDL-70W850B T-CON problem

format pen drive and put software in it, follow instruction. wait until tv start normal.
    https://www.sony.com/electronics/sup...loads/W0011108

Comment

I change the LD LED DRIVER and new power and still no ligths

Comment

Originally posted by hmendez86 View Post
        I change the LD LED DRIVER and new power and still no ligths
        from start you always follow only yours mind. make me feel its useless to write again..

did you try what i advised you at post#34

how about if you have open led at the back light????

Comment

I did try the thread #34 of back ligth to lower depending on how high it was i lower it ar 1/3 first try then did 50% and nothing i try evrything else i read and nothing happend...so friend of mine had power and led driver only so i give a shot with new power/led driver and nothing

Comment

I did open the all tv....removed the screen all plastic. I check leds with led tester and all they work fine....so no led problem.....

Comment

So what i think the main is not giving the pow_led or bl_on
              Backlight_on...but i dont know what the voltages should be present in order to backligth to work..

Comment

This is where most testing should start: Start with testing the voltages at the connector on the powerboard CN6401, see the legend/map right there by the 16 volt caps, with EVERYTHING hooked up, you measure them with your mutimeter, set meter to 20 vdc then report them, put neg probe on chassis metal ground, pos probe on pin of connector, measure in standby take note, leave probes where they are then power on tv and again take note of voltages, report them here, example pin 1-ps-on-0 volts standby-power on-3.3 volts. Look closely the pins are numbered, see where 1,2,27 and 28 are labeled? you may need skinny end probes to get the readings on the bottom, I usually use a stripped bread tie or small paper clip to make connection if necessary.

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Took out the screen... with led tester work great every single line work on both sides... and the picture above is with the tv on and thats how they look very low dim but just only on the seccion on the top and on the bottom the nothing and both sides
                    Attached Files

Comment

Took out the screen... with led tester work great every single line work on both sides... and the picture above is with the tv on and thats how they look very low dim but just only on the seccion on the top and on the bottom the nothing and both sides
                      flip it so you can see correctly after you turn it on.. you can record it with camera to see the off side did they blinks once shortly at turn on.

Comment

I did turn up side down the tv to see if it blinks, but nothing happend. I just see very low dim like vearly see the dim..i test them again with other advance led test and evrything work well...so my theory should be on the main...or etheir the the service menu i think there should be a backligth switch on and off maybe.

Comment

I did turn up side down the tv to see if it blinks, but nothing happend. I just see very low dim like vearly see the dim..i test them again with other advance led test and evrything work well...so my theory should be on the main...or etheir the the service menu i think there should be a backligth switch on and off maybe.
                          forget the LED tester.. spend time to test each LED with yours digital meter.. if yours DM 9V batteries then with Diode mode the working LED should light on Dim and if you reverse the probe it should read zinner diode 0.75 to 0.58 ( depend on the LED Type) if no reading mean its defect open. or with beep ton to see if it had shorted zinner.

Comment

Hello....All led ligth up with the fluke 9v and tested the other way of testing as diode were at .77
                            Last edited by hmendez86; 02-09-2021, 09:42 PM.

Comment

Hello....All led ligth up with the fluke 9v and tested the other way of testing as diode were at .77
                              you are lost either we are.
                              as you are sure tested all LED and they are fine.. just be sure of the sockets soldering on the strings and the wiring from end to end with LED inverter out.

when you are sure all fine and the led can light on when you feed them DC as separated group from LED inverter sockets wiring .. put back yours old mainboards & T-con let see what you have.

Comment

sorry to say you have faulty leds

Comment

I tested with older board and still have no backligth i install the original board back an nothing...i order a full kit power supply led driver mainboard and tcon and still no backligth....i install the kit which i buy it from shopjimmy and backligth turn on when i started installing the update firmware both side turn on so when tv reset off the on whe this happen there wer no backligth just image....

Comment

Working...
                                  X