Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weird voltage readings on old and new board

I bought a new power board for a Vizio D55U-D1 that was reading 19.2v on
    12v pins. The new board is giving me the same readings. This can't be normal
    can it? These readings are the same even with the board isolated.

Re: Weird voltage readings on old and new board

Been seeing lots of vizios lately with 19 volts: https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=76708

Comment

why did you get a new power board first place? What is your TV doing or not doing?

Comment

They control the negative line for regulation using a fet driven by a SP6018e. However the sp6018 VDD is supplied by 7812 regulator ic which has its input connected to that same (12v) line so for the 7812 to function the input must be above 12 volts, so 19v would be about right. So I suspect the board IS labeled wrong
        Last edited by R_J; 08-26-2019, 08:41 PM.

Comment

The TV would not come on the light would blink 15 times then go back red, was not getting any standby voltage only 19 on the 12-volt pens even with the TV off. saw a cheap power board on eBay and thought I would give it a shot

Comment

I was just wanting to know if anybody else had seen this and if it was normal

Comment

Test connector from mainboard to powerboard on powerboard side with all boards hooked up, test with tv plugged in but off then hit power, report both conditions here, give pin number, pin description/name and condition both off and when you hit power on. So we can see all the voltages and what they are doing. Try to do test just as instructed, example in second link below if needed.

Comment

Originally posted by evelhorn View Post
                The TV would not come on the light would blink 15 times then go back red, was not getting any standby voltage only 19 on the 12-volt pens even with the TV off. saw a cheap power board on eBay and thought I would give it a shot
                If you were getting a blinking led, You have standby voltage. Did you check pins 1&2 of CN9102?

Comment

Sorry for wasting your time guys it was the main board somebody spilled something on it the residue was still on the backside of it

Comment

Thanks for the feedback.

Comment

Working...
                    X