Seeking RCA led40c45rq firmware bin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seeking RCA led40c45rq firmware bin

I have a led40c45rq in for repair. I am certain the firmware is corrupt as i get a boot stall very early in the boot sequence over the debug UART. Unfortunately it i cannot find a firmware dump for this anywhere. Or even a firmware update package for RCA for be to extract from.

Any thoughts on tracking this down? I suppose i could purchase a new main board, but its annoying that all i need to do is flash the SPI ROM and it will be up and running again.

Main board # 40re01m3393lna19-a3

Re: Seeking RCA led40c45rq firmware bin

Well I think you diagnosed this correctly. If I can't get firmware but can get an exact Main Bd. I just replace the Bd. and don't worry about it as I would not enjoy the satisfaction of the repair.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew F. Ali View Post
      Well I think you diagnosed this correctly. If I can't get firmware but can get an exact Main Bd. I just replace the Bd. and don't worry about it as I would not enjoy the satisfaction of the repair.
      Ha yeah if it has to come to that it will. I did actually find a website selling a bin dump for $8. Im a little skeptical because it is for the TV model rather than the main board. This TV is known to use 4 (?) different main boards.

I suppose we will find out on Monday if this works or not.

Is it proper to share the dump here if it indeed works?

Comment

Yes you can share the bin file here if it works. Thanks in advance.

Comment

how did things go? i suppose other options would have been to take multiple dumps and compare

Comment

If memory serves i was able to find the correct bin file elsewhere and to my knowledge it is still working.

Comment

care to point me in the right direction? i did come across some sites from our russian comrades, but they are not bin files. instead it sounds like you just drop the file on a usb and plug it in. unfortunately my russian is limited to net, da, and privet.

Comment

Yeah ill check my storage here and see if still have it. Cant imagine why i would have deleted it. Can you give me the model number on your main board? There are 3 or 4 in this tv, and firmware is specific.

I used a SPI programmed to right the firmware. Not sure of a possible USB method.

Comment

yep sure can

40RE010C878LNA0-A1

has a winbond w25q128fv spi chip on it.

ive already tried dumping it, wiping it, and putting it back several times. also tried similar firmwares

one from a 46 not a 40. that had a 27% match when i compared them. but then again im comparing a 46 to one thats suspected bad.

tv has a red light. i can power it on and see voltage changes. light goes out though. when i power it back off, only 5v can be traced on main board.

the guy i got my psu from has it but idk if he will get a dump for me or not. also he wants 85 for the mainboard.

Comment

know if this model can bootstrap itself from a blank eeprom? im bout to find out.... lol

Comment

Didnt get over to the shop today, but if you dont get it sorted out by monday ill grab that chip dump i have.

This tv actually has an accessible UART that will show the boot process. Miles better than having to rely on voltages being present. I forget exactly where but the is 3.3v TTL TX and RX somewhere on the board. if you can tap into that with a serial interface it will give you good insight as to where the boot is failing.

Comment

REALLY? I hadn't taken the time to do a full analysis of it. BTW, blank eeprom = no light at all. I did come across a few references to similar models getting stuck where the front panel is off, the screen is off, and all you get is audio. Things like that. Thinking about throwing a few resets at it. I don't have the original remote, but I do have a pretty decent IR blaster.

Comment

So my experience with tv's is limited, but electronics are all the same when it comes to low level programming and functionality. You reminded me that
                          when you mentioned the UART interface.
                          That got me thinking.... a lot of other devices I've worked with usually have some fallback to make the chip do different things. For example, on device I work with, you have to ground out a pin or 2 to make it viewable by a computer as a writable chip. So I went back to the datasheets and low and behold, the chip has both a hardware and a software reset!!! Who woulda thunk!!!
                          https://cdn.badcaps-static.com/pdfs/...2d9153b871.pdf
                          I've moved on to a different project for the time being. Curious to see what happens when I drop your dump on it.

Comment

So it looks like your Main board is nto the same model. this is the bin for

40RE01M3393LNA35-B1

i may have 40RE01M3393LNA19 somewhere as well, but in my experience on this TV, if it doesn't match it will fail to boot.
                            Attached Files

Comment

no dice. no light no nothing.

Comment

I would get into that uart and see whats going on. Its a rare luxury, use it if possible.

Comment

here is a dump of mine. i did make multiples but compare shows all to be 100% match.
                                  Attached Files

Comment

btw panel model is LSC400hm06-12v

Comment

btw yours has been the closest to a match. 50%. its a shame that this device has doppelgangers under the name Proscan and GE and I cannot find a compatible eeprom dump. Yeah I'm thinking the same. I have some extra headers to use. Got a schematic of the board? That would spare me the poking and probing as I didnt notice a header pinout just hanging around.

Comment

Just realized i have this is exact tv with a broken panel. I cant see ever seeing out a panel to fix it. Make me an offer for it's innards that is compelling enough to get me off my ass to strip it down and pack it.

Comment

Working...
                                        X