Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Samsung UN60EH6000 Tries to come on, but stops

Originally posted by Davi.p View Post
    But whitout TIP is ridicolous, on a board with very tiny smd components, you risk highly to burn it.. the tester i've said is not professional..
    A added the tip on the end of my lead just so that I could modify it. I have ground this down to a needle point so I can get it into tight places on a board.

Here is the picture of the T-Con board.

Thanks

Comment

Is not Hires photo, what can i see with this?? And also, get only tcon not cables and chassis..
      Last edited by Davi.p; 12-10-2017, 10:26 AM.

Comment

Sorry, just figured out you wanted a "Hii-Res" photo. I'll get you one.

Comment

Here is a high resolution image of the T-Con board (BN95-00628C). This image gets compressed in the translation. I also put a copy of it on my google drive so you can get the full resolution image if you need it.

This is a direct link to the full size image.

Comment

Ok i've DL it, now im editing..

Comment

Test all point in volts. I don't see well to what is connected Q7100 apart those 2 elctrolitycs, but if you want test them...
              If some points has a near zero V then them must be retested with output flatcables detached...
              To upload pictures click on paperclip, a popup window appears, select the file locations, click upload and wait, when done close window then write the text, click newly on the paperclip and select the pictures to include..
              Attached Files
              Last edited by Davi.p; 12-10-2017, 02:09 PM.

Comment

It looks to be high failure rate T-CON.
                Samsung BN95-00628C (BN97-06551C, BN41-01815A) T-Con Board
                http://www.shopjimmy.com/catalogsear...ung+UN60EH6000
                Notes from SJ:
                PLEASE NOTE: We recommending using one of the following boards as a substitute for this T-con:
                BN96-28943A
                BN96-28944A
                BN95-00944B
                BN95-00944C
                Pictures provided by shopjimmy.
                We have found these boards to have a lower overall failure rate than BN95-00628A, BN95-00628B or BN95-00628C.
                Check the resistance between the two legs of those SMD LYTICS caps (4).
                Report the DC Voltage reading of the ADJ 1117 LDO IC303.
                Attached Files
                Never stop learning
                Basic LCD TV and Monitor troubleshooting guides.
                http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...956#post305956

Voltage Regulator (LDO) testing:
                http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...999#post300999

Inverter testing using old CFL:
                http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...er+testing+cfl

Tear down pictures : Hit the ">" Show Albums and stories" on the left side
                http://s807.photobucket.com/user/budm/library/

TV Factory reset codes listing:
                http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=24809

Comment

Originally posted by Davi.p View Post
                  Test all point in volts. I don't see well to what is connected Q7100 apart those 2 elctrolitycs, but if you want test them...
                  If some points has a near zero V then them must be retested with output flatcables detached...
                  To upload pictures click on paperclip, a popup window appears, select the file locations, click upload and wait, when done close window then write the text, click newly on the paperclip and select the pictures to include..
                  Here are the readings with the output cables connected (all readings in dc Volts):
                  A=1.8
                  B=3.3
                  C=12.7
                  D=12.7
                  E=12.7
                  F=12.7
                  G=0
                  H=12.7
                  I=0
                  J= n/a
                  K= n/a
                  L=12.7
                  M=0.7
                  N=12.7

For the ones that were close to Zero, I retested with output cables disconnected.
                  G=0
                  I= 0
                  M=0.7

I found the Q7100 that you mentioned, but not sure what I need to test there. If I need to check something near Q7100, just let me know what it is.

Thanks.
                  Last edited by karthur; 12-10-2017, 10:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by budm View Post
                    Check the resistance between the two legs of those SMD LYTICS caps (4).
                    Report the DC Voltage reading of the ADJ 1117 LDO IC303.
                    Where are the SMD LYTICS caps?

Can't find the ADJ 1117.

Here is what I get on IC303.

Comment

IC 303 seems right. That's a fixed regulator.
                      Did I leave the soldering iron on?

Comment

IC 7100 shoud have about 12v in I believe. Opposite side of triangle. Triangle pin should have output voltage.

Comment

We have repaired many of these boards. It is usually the ic ISL9860. Shop jimmy has a repair kit for this tcon and also a YouTube video showing the easiest way to remove and replace this ic. In the YouTube video they show replacing 2 smd caps. If you test those with your meter they will show shorted. This means the ic is shorted. Hope this helps.

Comment

Originally posted by nicholas1110 View Post
                            We have repaired many of these boards. It is usually the ic ISL9860. Shop jimmy has a repair kit for this tcon and also a YouTube video showing the easiest way to remove and replace this ic. In the YouTube video they show replacing 2 smd caps. If you test those with your meter they will show shorted. This means the ic is shorted. Hope this helps.
                            The repair kit that I found for my board on SJ is out-of-stock. Does anyone know the size of the two SMD caps that I need?

I have a source for the ISL9860.

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by karthur View Post
                              The repair kit that I found for my board on SJ is out-of-stock. Does anyone know the size of the two SMD caps that I need?

I have a source for the ISL9860.

Thanks.
                              if shopjimmy are out of stock maybe message them as they may advise you on the capacitor values/size they are very helpful i find

Comment

No-can-do on providing the size of the capacitor. Anyone with a service manual that will tell the size of it?

Thanks.

Comment

do you know the voltage and uf rating already and you just need the physical size?

Comment

I am going to check the caps tonight.... maybe mine are not damaged. If they are gone, I would have to know all aspects of them to order new ones. I could get the physical size, but would have to correlate to a form factor.

Comment

i have a cheap pair of digital calipers and use this guide https://www.pcblibraries.com/forum/s...topic1729.html
                                      norcal715 has a video on this fault https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iuHrnvAKlGw
                                      Attached Files
                                      Last edited by vinceroger69; 12-11-2017, 03:35 PM.

Comment

Nice charts! But Where in those charts show the capacitence?

Comment

Originally posted by vinceroger69 View Post
                                          norcal715 has a video on this fault https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iuHrnvAKlGw
                                          Yea, that is one of the YT videos I watched. Norcal makes it look easy.

He is probably right about why they are failing (heat... need to add thermal conductor)

Comment

Working...
                                          X