VIZIO P50 HDTV20A Plasma Distortion on Screen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: VIZIO P50 HDTV20A Plasma Distortion on Screen

You can see the snow in the video. Is that normal?
    Although when I compare the test pattern to the first video I posted I certainly don't see any of the same symptoms. There are no lines or blur in the test pattern.

Comment

that may just be because the voltages are out a bit. i was more concentrating on the distortion that no longer seems present.
      WHY CAN'T PHILIPS USE PHILLIPS HEAD SCREWS?

Comment

Would anyone else care to offer some insight?

Comment

I'm not a plasma man but you seem to have dark patches on the screen especially at the lower right hand side which I believe is a Xsus problem. If anyone can double check that this is correct I would appreciate it.
          Last edited by dick_barton; 08-06-2017, 04:13 PM.
          Willing to help but I'm no expert.

Comment

I think that's the board that has been replaced, picture #7. It was supposed to have been tested. I'm certainly no expert either. Thanks for the input.

Comment

Check the soldering carefully on the coils on the Xsus which tend to a cause of problems.
              Willing to help but I'm no expert.

Comment

I checked the connections, they look okay. I also put the old board back in and caused some distortion with the test pattern unlike the replacement board. The dark spot did no go away with the old board.
                I've run the test pattern a few more times and I do see flickering and some bright and dim going on. So I made an offer for a control board for $6. I'll try that and see if the test pattern improves. Then try plugging the main board back in, remove the jumper and see what happens.

Comment

I got the replacement control board. Put it in a the tv works great. The old control board didn't have a major distortion in the test pattern, but there was the same flickering and flashing going on. Thanks to everyone for your expertise and especially attainteddragon. I never would have gotten this far without your help. I have another tv I'll start on in a few days or weeks depending on funds. I picked up 4 tvs including the 50 Vizio for $60 and I was starting to wonder if I shot myself in the foot. It sure is fun when the tv comes on looking clear as a bell. Oh yeah the dark spot in the corner of the screen is gone too.

Comment

awesome, glad it is all sorted.
                    WHY CAN'T PHILIPS USE PHILLIPS HEAD SCREWS?

Comment

Working...
                    X