Re: SONY KDL60-NX801 Panel

bottom and side pictures
    Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Ok those tabs that hang by themselves. Not the ones with the green boards connected to them, but one ones on the side of the panel.. Any look melted or burned where the small rectangular IC is embedded?
        Did I leave the soldering iron on?

Comment

Basically what you have going on is there is a short on the non working side of the panel in most likely it's because of the failed gate drivers on that side. These are the small tabs that hang off the right hand side of the panel.

Sharp is notorious for this problem. If you follow some of the forums that detail about sharp LCD panels in their flaws, you will see how to rectify this. It requires the removal of those tabs hanging off the side of the nonworking side. I can't guarantee that this is going to fix your symptom but it's a start since you have no other alternative because your panel is obviously shorted so you're taking a bad situation and either rectifying it or not but in its present state it's most likely unrepairable without doing this "surgery"

Comment

Hi Guys
            Thanks for all your inputs ,i have opened the lcd to its wafer and put it back same issue , only thing is that I have the side covers still out since its the outside frame ,the bottom ribbon that connects to lcd gets hot (the side that has problem) the other side stays cool
            I didnt see and burn marks on the side ribbons .
            I might have to change the LCD any idea where I can get this ?

Comment

basically, you will unlikely find a replacement panel from less than $1.5K unless perhaps a "discarded set". You might be able to "save" the existing panel as suggested by removing the "offending tabs" on the side in question.

Comment

Could you snap a picture of the tab that's getting hot?

Comment

this is the burnt part which is on lower part where the ribbon connects to the lcd .Is that a way to replace this soldered ribbons ?i dont know it uses some type of glue , this is the main ribbon that supplies signal to green board on lcd
                  thanks guys
                  Attached Files

Comment

That's bad. That's a source driver. There's no economical way to replace it. It's part of the LCD panel.

Technically you might be able to remove that ribbon from both sides of the board and the panel but you will be missing a 2 inch bar on the very right side. But tv may work again.
                    Last edited by freakaftr8; 01-21-2018, 03:31 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X