LG 60PC1D problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LG 60PC1D problems

Hi all. First of all, thank you for the great support you have all already provided me. Via a thread here, which I found via google, I have been able to do some troubleshooting on this TV, but cannot get it functional again.

So, this TV is my dad's who lives 900 miles away. about 3 weeks ago he called me and told me the TV popped and the picture went out while my mom was watching. I told him to get the TV off the wall, take the back off, and look for any bad capacitors. He found one and I hoped for $5 and some solder we'd be able to get it fixed.

He got a new capacitor and had it soldered in by a friend with better vision than his, and the TV still didn't work. Since I wasn't there to look at it myself, he decided to take it to a TV repair shop near him. They told him they could fix it for $150, so he said ok. The next day they called and said there was more damage, and it would be $450 to fix. He decided he'd rather just buy a new TV, so he said no to that and asked for the TV back. They of course got defensive, and told them they already had so much work into the TV that they had to charge him $60 for the labor. He paid it, took the TV home, and waited for me to come down for Christmas.

They had told him he needed a new power supply board and something else, but were not pleased when he denied further repairs, so they wouldn't be specific. I assumed a new power supply was needed, and ordered one off eBay for $85 and had it there when I got there. When I got there, I looked at the old board and it looked like they had repaired a solder joint and cleaned up the solder job my dad's friend did on the capacitors. And though it was putting out the same voltages as the new board, I went ahead and put the "new" board in. I tested it's Va and Vs voltages, they were a little low so I adjusted them to what the sticker inside the panel said was correct. I fired up the TV and we had sound but still no picture. Using this site, I figured the next culprit was probably the Y-SUS board. I checked the fuses and sure enough found a popped fuse. I could not find the dang fuse locally though, and rather than wait several days for one to be shipped only to have it pop again, I just got another Y-SUS board on eBay for $65. It did not arrive prior to me having to go home though, so my dad had to put the board on. I gave him careful intructions for doing so, and he called last night to say that he got it in, and the TV is showing something now, but it is not a correct picture. The description he provided me wasn't clear, but I think he was saying there were lines and the words on the screen were blurry.

Today sometime he is going to call me and I am going to have him hook up a DVD player to it so I can tell if it is processing any input source at all. I suspect he'll get the DVD video but garbled. But I will know for sure later.

Either way, from what I'm reading, I'm now leaning towards the Z-SUS also being bad. Is it likely that the power supply, Y-SUS, and Z-SUS all went bad? The Z-SUS is the most expensive component to buy it looks like, so I hate to buy this thing and not get a picture on the TV when we are done. In other words, I'd like to not just keep throwing parts at this thing. How can I be sure of my next step?

Thank you all.

Re: LG 60PC1D problems

Tbh its the worst thing Ive ever read. We cant guess the issue, can you please upload pictures of the fault along with a list of the tested sustain voltages in the Tv please then we will be able to help cheers Plasma too many things to go wrong guessing is just not an option.
    Last edited by ReeceyBurger123; 12-30-2016, 01:06 PM.
    Please Do Not PM My Page Asking For Help Badcaps Is The Place For Advise, Page Linked For Business Reasons Only. Anyone Doing So Will Be Banned Instantly !

https://www.facebook.com/Telford-Tel...7894576335359/

Comment

Thanks, I certainly understand.

In short, the TV turns on, stays on, and plays audio from an input source fine. But the screen wouldn't light up. The PDP doesn't have any damage.

I checked the Va and Vs voltages on the power supply board. Va read 59.8 volts (sticker calls for 60) and Vs was 192.9 volts (sticker says 193). There were also 5 volt wires that were right at 4.9 volts. Do I need to be checking these voltages on the sustain boards also?

I will have to get a photo of what the screen is doing later when I talk to my father again.
      Last edited by camueller; 12-30-2016, 01:27 PM.

Comment

Ok also yes could you check voltages like Zbias, Vsc etc please
        Please Do Not PM My Page Asking For Help Badcaps Is The Place For Advise, Page Linked For Business Reasons Only. Anyone Doing So Will Be Banned Instantly !

Comment

I am unsure how to check those but will have to get my dad to do it. So I'll figure that out and then get him on the phone. In the meantime though, here's a photo of what the screen is looking like. We also found out one of the connectors on the "new" Y-SUS board was partially broken off. I'm not sure what the wires connected there are for, it is a small 4 wire connector and the wires head off underneath a small cpu style fan towards the bottom of the display.
          Attached Files

Comment

He shouldn't of paid that shop a penny, looks like they could have bodged it on purpose. Also thats quite bad Ive not seen anything like that before on a Plasma. I would be pushing for a control board fault but looks like the panel might have been sabotaged by the shop, the connectors at the top and bottom of the panel are they seated properly ? Also its very dim looks like Ysus could be faulty or Zsus. Could also be a buffer fwult, but I need a voltage list please.

Comment

Working...
            X