Samsung LA26R71BA cannot power up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Samsung LA26R71BA cannot power up

I have removed CM808. So you think this cap is ok?

I will have to resolder this cap back and check on the main filter cap and CMN802 24v tomorrow.
    Last edited by john_doe; 12-02-2016, 08:34 AM.

Comment

The value is 18nF as you found in the other thread. If the capacitor value is low then your output voltages will also be low.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ODbK4Vij9Fo
      Willing to help but I'm no expert.

Comment

So should i replace this cap and then do the voltage checking or put back this cap and do the voltage checking?l

Comment

If it's 6nF then it does need to be replaced. However it does not stop you from checking what voltage you have at CNM802/803
          Willing to help but I'm no expert.

Comment

Got the 18nF cap.

After replacing this cap, the TV started to work normally.

After all our troubleshooting, the actual culprit is the CM808.

Thank you very much budm, vinceroger69 and dick_barton. You guys rock!
            Last edited by john_doe; 12-03-2016, 04:56 AM.

Comment

Glad you managed to fix your tv it took a little while but we got there in the end.

Comment

Hi vinceroger69,

Your dim bulb tester is a great suggestion. And btw, when there is no more shorts in the circuit, the TV will not turn on if it is connected to it. I have to disconnect the dim bulb tester before the TV can turn on.

Comment

I got the bulb idea from budm when he suggested it too me like yourself i was testing a part on the primary side of a lg power supply and slipped whilst testing a part after that when working on sets with shorts ive repaired i always use one to save my new parts incase ive missed something. The main thing is youve managed to fix your set down to component level so thats a good thing as a lot of people board swop ive learnt somenew things from this thread too as in some of the tests budm/dick barton etc asked you to carry out.

Comment

Working...
                  X