Vizio fading Light asking for help and Thank you

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vizio fading Light asking for help and Thank you

ViZio E420i A0 5v good at power supply, TV shows standby light when i first plug it in, then it fades slowly to dark, push power, same light comes on then fades, unplugged LED strips and continue to have a power light indicator at first, but again fading to dark. replaced main board still same symptoms, Pulled panel cables one at a time still same standby light fade issue, disconnected IR board and still same issue, checked LED strips from pink wire to white with basic OHM meter, shows open between these wires no shorts, Replaced power supply, still same fading standby light issue. Thank you very much for your help folks, you are all very much appreciated, Glad this place is here.
    39 Soldering Iron burns And Counting

Re: Vizio fading Light asking for help and Thank you

did you checked the V DC on the main big cabs of power supply if the voltage stay high or fading?

Comment

one cap 450V 100uF voltage across cap is steady at 152V

Comment

VOUT1 and VOUT2 voltages stay about the same with or without LED strips plugged in 142-157 and 88-92 respectively. I guess the strips are in OPEN condition not shorted? also the unit should still power up with the LED Strips disconnected?

Comment

when i push power the VOUT Voltages start to drop way out of range, they will go all the way down to 4V, then when I push power again, they return to normal range with LED's plugged in

Comment

same condition with LED's strips unplugged, vout drops way out of range when i push power, but returns when i push power again, seems to me this is a bad Power supply or the secondary's anyway? what do you think?

Comment

post photo on yours PWB and listed the voltage you have at stand by state and after you press power on

Comment

put old PSU in and same condition, seems the LED driver is on the PSU?

Comment

Take a look at:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W2PFEdrL4lU
                  Willing to help but I'm no expert.

Comment

okay plugged in video source, have power on, no back lights, have vout1 holding steady at around 140 and Vout 2 holding steady at around 90 both fluctuate by a few volts, Have audio no video, but image is viewable through flashlight method.

Comment

Thanks for the video, watch that one some time back, I am fairly certain at this point it's time to look at the led strips, they are getting proper voltage but no light.

Comment

"Weak' LEDs on the backlight strip/s. I don't know why this happens....but I came across a few TVs with these same symptoms. Turned out to be some LEDs lighting.

Comment

found some bad strips, cannot seem to find replacements in stock anywhere, any suggestions? Thank you Panel is LC420DUG JFR1

Comment

Do you want to replace the strips as a whole or just the bad LEDs on the strips?
                            TVs fixed:
                            Vizio E470i-A0
                            LG 50PT350
                            Vizio E470i-A0
                            LG 47LN5400
                            LG 47LN5750
                            Vizio E470i-A0
                            Vizio VP322
                            Magnavox 40ME325V/F7
                            Emerson LF501EM5F

Comment

not real familiar with SMD soldering and do not have the right equipment, so probably all the strips, thought about finding somewhere to send it out for replacement of the bad one's because i cannot locate the strips.

Comment

Got pics of the strips? I may have them or comparable? Depends more on the panel than the tv....and I do think I have a known good set here. I wont charge much for them.
                                Last edited by ozzy214; 08-30-2016, 11:13 PM.

Comment

here is a pic, thanks Oz
                                  Attached Files

Comment

Closes thing I have is this, looks very similar. Except polarition lenses are different. There is a whole set of them from one tv, but some strips have 6 leds instead of 5.

Maybe you can make them work?

I'm here and there.....quickest method is 5705071838 to reach me.

I can take pictures of the entire set of strips if you want.
                                    Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                    X