Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Panasonic TC-P50ST60 repair

Hello everyone,

This will be my first post on this board, wanted to make sure I do all the research first and read previous posts as there are a ton of threads regarding the 7 red lights of death before I post anything on here, I am just totally at lost at this point and feel like I've tried everything.

Bought used parts from Ebay that claimed are working and replaced the SU,SD,SC and still got the 7 lights. I isolated the SC board from SU and SD as instructed in the repair manual and received the 7 lights. Checked resistance at SC2 across both pins (no short), checked resistance at Vsus (no short). Are there other points that I can check on the SC board?

I also checked both the SU and SD for shorts, everything seems fine (unless I am missing something) VFO checks out, VF5V is good, checked all the pins for the ribbon connectors to ground, no continuity. Everything points at the SC board. I contacted the seller on ebay and he sent me another board also used, same problem. I asked him how he's testing them he has no idea. I may just be getting faulty boards over and over again.. any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

Re: Panasonic TC-P50ST60 repair

dont always take the seven blink code as gospel that the fault is in the boards as indicated by the 7 blinks
    Do you have Va and Vs voltages
    Check Z sus board for shorts
    Last edited by chrismurphy; 08-03-2016, 01:25 AM. Reason: added txt

Comment

hello there
      remove sc2 and sc20, ant give it a try, see what error code you will have then. if the error remains at 7 blinks, then you can have a bad A-board. if it will turn into 8 blinks, then you have a problem on su-sd-sc boards, or maybe on P-board.
      it is possible that one of the board to be bad, but is also possible that all the boards you received from ebay are all ok, but you have another problem on the P-board. check the voltage on sc2 when you power up the tv.

Comment

Thanks for the reply, I appreciate this information.

Originally posted by chrismurphy View Post
        dont always take the seven blink code as gospel that the fault is in the boards as indicated by the 7 blinks
        Do you have Va and Vs voltages
        Check Z sus board for shorts
        I am not sure how to check Va and Vs voltage and where I would locate those test points. I checked the ss board TpVsus (no short), Vsus (no short), p5v (no short), p15v (no short), however checking the Data Drivers C1,C2,C3 VDA shows no short, but all three p3.3v shows as short. Not sure if I am testing these wrong, every single one of these test points has an arrow labeled with (SRV).

Originally posted by dj01fad View Post
        hello there
        remove sc2 and sc20, ant give it a try, see what error code you will have then. if the error remains at 7 blinks, then you can have a bad A-board. if it will turn into 8 blinks, then you have a problem on su-sd-sc boards, or maybe on P-board.
        it is possible that one of the board to be bad, but is also possible that all the boards you received from ebay are all ok, but you have another problem on the P-board. check the voltage on sc2 when you power up the tv.
        After removing sc2 and sc20 the light blinks 8 times, voltage at sc2 was inconstant first it showed 3.1 then dropped to 1.5???

Comment

I just removed the ribbons that connect the C2 and C3 drivers to the A board and P3.3V is no longer short.....
          Last edited by alexeilb89; 08-03-2016, 05:12 PM.

Comment

At this point I was able to trace the problem down to the Bluetooth module, if I unplug it I get no short at P3.3C, does anyone here have any answers?

Comment

Originally posted by alexeilb89 View Post
              At this point I was able to trace the problem down to the Bluetooth module, if I unplug it I get no short at P3.3C, does anyone here have any answers?
              Answers for what? Is it working with the bluetooth removed?

I think you've done well to figure it out if this is the fault.

If all you're after is a new module then you'd be happy to find them very chap around $8

http://www.shopjimmy.com/panasonic-n...oth-module.htm

Comment

but it still remains the problem that there is no voltage at SC2...
                this voltage has been measured with SC-board disconnected?

and still, with short on 3.3V, you should have 3 a blink error... this is how it was for me on 20-30 series... and I think it should be the same for 60 series.
                Last edited by dj01fad; 08-04-2016, 04:02 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by tw2005 View Post
                  Answers for what? Is it working with the bluetooth removed?

I think you've done well to figure it out if this is the fault.

If all you're after is a new module then you'd be happy to find them very chap around $8

http://www.shopjimmy.com/panasonic-n...oth-module.htm
                  After removing the Bluetooth module tv still doesn't work, same 7 lights. I am wondering if something on the A board is causing this or is it really the Bluetooth module, is this something common or known??...

Originally posted by dj01fad View Post
                  but it still remains the problem that there is no voltage at SC2...
                  this voltage has been measured with SC-board disconnected?

and still, with short on 3.3V, you should have 3 a blink error... this is how it was for me on 20-30 series... and I think it should be the same for 60 series.
                  I measured the voltage with the SC board connected, I should be getting around 3 volts right?

as far as the 3.3v is concerned, perhaps has something to do with my set not working, hope its not the panel that's causing all this nonsense. Again thanks for the info, I'll keep digging.
                  Last edited by alexeilb89; 08-04-2016, 11:51 AM.

Comment

Digging
                    Want a treasure
                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Kilroys View Post
                      Digging
                      Want a treasure
                      wow this is great!! thank you

uhhhh.... too much information my head is spinning, could you assist me? Thanks
                      Last edited by alexeilb89; 08-04-2016, 12:51 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X