Sony KDL‑60EX700 Black Screen w/power

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sony KDL‑60EX700 Black Screen w/power

So I have a Sony KDL‑60EX700 60" Bravia, gotten it for free. When I had gotten it, it had a flash code, so I replaced the power board. Then another flash code, and I replaced the main board. Now I have power to the t.v., I have tried to install the new firmware (nothing shows up on the screen) in the hopes that it'll be fine. It wont go into standby mode, and none of the buttons above the switch seem to do anything. Any suggestions?

Re: Sony KDL‑60EX700 Black Screen w/power

So no more error codes, and what were the codes before?
    Pictures of the whole back side of the TV showing all the boards so we can see what we are dealing with.
    Was it worked on by someone else before you got the TV? Any history of what happened to the TV?
    Never stop learning
    Basic LCD TV and Monitor troubleshooting guides.
    http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...956#post305956

Voltage Regulator (LDO) testing:
    http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...999#post300999

Inverter testing using old CFL:
    http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...er+testing+cfl

Tear down pictures : Hit the ">" Show Albums and stories" on the left side
    http://s807.photobucket.com/user/budm/library/

TV Factory reset codes listing:
    http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=24809

Comment

No more error codes. There was some work done prior, they replaced the main board, but put the old one back in then I was able to obtain it after that. There was 5 flashes when I got it, so I replaced the power board thinking they kept the main board in. I turned it on and the light was green for a moment or 2, then it flashed several times at me, then I was able to get the main board they used and I installed it. Turned it on and I have a solid green light but no picture. Little did I know I had to have a thumb drive to try to install firmware on it, so I tried 2 or 3 different thumb drives around the house and nothing, so I ordered a Sony thumb drive and formatted it to FAT32 and put the firmware on it for the t.v.

As far as pictures go, I have the backing on the t.v. this has been an on going project (about 2 months at this point) due to various reasons. If it is absolutely necessary for help, I will remove the backing and take pictures, but I'd rather not.

History for this t.v. as I was told is that it would shut off randomly.

Comment

Anyone else willing to try to assist?

Comment

What's the problem with tv....I fix 60ex645 black screen and it powers no no image just sound....it's a panel problem but it's 50/50 fix or death tv...need Info about your tv problem and pics

Comment

Seems to be a power board issue. Please take pictures of the back and show them individually. It's open anyway, right?

Originally posted by Vegink View Post
            No more error codes. There was some work done prior, they replaced the main board, but put the old one back in then I was able to obtain it after that. There was 5 flashes when I got it, so I replaced the power board thinking they kept the main board in. I turned it on and the light was green for a moment or 2, then it flashed several times at me, then I was able to get the main board they used and I installed it. Turned it on and I have a solid green light but no picture. Little did I know I had to have a thumb drive to try to install firmware on it, so I tried 2 or 3 different thumb drives around the house and nothing, so I ordered a Sony thumb drive and formatted it to FAT32 and put the firmware on it for the t.v.

As far as pictures go, I have the backing on the t.v. this has been an on going project (about 2 months at this point) due to various reasons. If it is absolutely necessary for help, I will remove the backing and take pictures, but I'd rather not.

History for this t.v. as I was told is that it would shut off randomly.

Comment

Sorry it took so long to get these photos, let me know if I need any other specific ones.
              Attached Files

Comment

The problem is with the driver tabs

Comment

Do not not not do the firmware update until you get image....if the tv powers on, including power supply and main board you good next you need to test the t-con if it's working

Comment

Where are the driver tabs?

Comment

The driver tabs are attached on the screen glass on the left and rigth it should have 3 on each side...you need to removed the bezel from the tv.

Comment

But first test the t-con u need to take apart the plates that is covering the tcon.....once you get to the tcon... disconnect one side of the 2 ribbons going to the screen you going to leave one connected and then turn on TV and see if theresults video on one side If not try the other side....connect one and leave one disconnected.

Comment

So as I've said before, this has been a long process and my wife reminded me of a detail I forgot about. Let me revise the history: So as I was told it would shut off randomly. They bought a new main board and tried to replace it, they said it didn't work, they took it to a repair shop and they said it would need a new screen. When I got it, it still turned on, but there were flash codes. I then replaced the power board and main board. I can still check the tcon and the tabs.
                          Last edited by Vegink; 08-17-2016, 09:06 AM.

Comment

Ok check as I told you before disconnect one side and leave one connected to see if there picture on one side of the tv....add pictures of what u doing....

Comment

Forget what the repair man told you and old owner told you....so were we are. that your tv is working but no video or its doing the blinking codes..

Comment

The blink codes is because of the panel, but 50-50 we can get it to life again.

Comment

Ok, so I took a closer look to see if all the wiring was plugged in, and I noticed I had not plugged one in well, so I fixed it and now I have a green and yellow flashing light on the front of the t.v.
                                  Last edited by Vegink; 08-18-2016, 09:11 AM.

Comment

Any suggestions?

Comment

Post pics of how it looks.

Comment

Here is the picture.
                                        Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                        X