Vizio Vo370m display lights light comes on no display

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vizio Vo370m display lights light comes on no display

i found thistvin dumpster watched a video on youtube and ended up buying a tcon board from a "broken screen working" tv needless to say this did not fix my problem and i found this forum i am very capable if i know what i am doing however i dont know much about component repair although i think if pointed in right direction i could handle it what i cannot find is a listing of what components should have what power i cannot see any burnt resistors or any bubbled capacitors the tv will hook up via hdmi and have audio which was what led me to believe it was tcon card which the "new to me" one i am not 100% is good or bad any help would be greatly apreciated
    Attached Files
    Last edited by h82loseejr; 10-10-2015, 12:15 AM. Reason: attach pictures

Re: Vizio Vo370m display lights light comes on no display

have you tried a strong flashlight to see if there is any video on screen? it may be the backlights not working but vizios are noted for bad eproms as well.

Comment

the back lights are workingi have whole tv apart well boards still on it and have been testing a few places for power that ican tell what it is all the fuses test good (what ican tell are fuses and i have tested a few of the voltage regulators on the main board although i do not know what the volts should be they all seem to functioning ( i have a high and a low ) iam wondering if there is a list of components and the values they are supose to be so i could go through the boards themselves
      Last edited by h82loseejr; 10-10-2015, 12:22 AM.

Comment

for the voltages if they aren't printed on the board you will need a service manual, for the regulators they will be either fixed or variable you would have to run the part number if they aren't marked. resistors marked by the color band or either a number on smd, caps are all marked. what exactly is it not doing?

Comment

well plug in and visio glows orange hit power and it truns white 3 seconds later screen apears to turn on (backlights come on) it glows as it should i assume and it has no video i can hook hdmi up and fish through the inputs althogh i dont remember if it was hitting input button or using channel up and down anyway i had sound coming out of it but no video at all

Comment

either the main board or the display itself. mainboard is fixable display isn't. I would guess the eprom is bad, vizios are well noted for eprom failures. budm is the resident expert on these and he will chime in I am sure. I mostly do plasma the lcd led sets once and a while. shop jimmy usually has the eproms in stock.

Comment

i never noticed before it seems to get pretty warm the screen itself i always had led so ihad it laying face down and testing voltages and such i hope i didnt screw itup more well really it dont matter i guess i found it and only have the 20 in the tcon and may be able to return it

Comment

here is a chart from coppel tv it might help find the problem. if the voltages are present going to the main board then the problem may be on it.
                Attached Files

Comment

also here is the service manual, you might try freezing the eprom with a can of compressd air turned upside down and see if anything changes
                  Attached Files

Comment

Do get 12VDC at the SMD fuse on the T-CON board? Use chassis as the GND ref for the meter.
                    Never stop learning
                    Basic LCD TV and Monitor troubleshooting guides.
                    http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...956#post305956

Voltage Regulator (LDO) testing:
                    http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...999#post300999

Inverter testing using old CFL:
                    http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...er+testing+cfl

Tear down pictures : Hit the ">" Show Albums and stories" on the left side
                    http://s807.photobucket.com/user/budm/library/

TV Factory reset codes listing:
                    http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=24809

Comment

budm from whaat i can tell there is only one fuse on tcon and below it it says

f1 125v/2.0a i checked fuse it is not open will that be 125ac? or dc

i checked the fuse and there is no power ac or dc at the fuse
                      Last edited by h82loseejr; 10-10-2015, 12:57 PM.

Comment

12 volt dc on the tcon fuse check both sides. ground on chassis. check both sides for 12vdc.

Comment

no power

Comment

either the 12v power supply or something on the main board budm should be around somewhere. he is the expert on these. are any of the power board connectors marked with voltage if so look for one that says 12 v and see if there is any voltage there.

Comment

there is and there is 12v at the connectror coming off power supply board

Comment

u21 pins 5,6, 7and8 should have +12vdc on them. I think you will find it on the power board.

Comment

check on the mainboard to see if there are any fuses some times there on the front of the board some times the back we need to find why the 12v isnt getting to the tcon.

Comment

f1 and f2 show on the shop jimmy pic on the mainboard these are surface mount fuses little larger than a resistor with gold ends. several 0 ohm resistors on the backside which may act as fuses

Comment

pins 1-3 have 5v 4,6,7,8 continuity to ground,9-11 12v and pin12has 1.76 on big connector on little connecter 1-4 have neither conntinuity to ground or voltage 5 has 2.2 and 6 has 1.7
                                      Attached Files

Comment

f1 has 5v f2 has 12

Comment

Working...
                                        X