Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HP pl5060n flickering/flashing PLEASE HELP!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HP pl5060n flickering/flashing PLEASE HELP!

!
    Hi... I have a HP pl5060n and a few months ago the picture messed up on it. It had a vertical white bar down the center of a blue screen and when I disconnected the lower y-buffer,half of the picture would come in crystal clear so I replaced that board and it seemed fine for about a month and a half and the same problem occurred. I replaced the same board, the lower Y-buffer board and again it seemed to be working great.... For a couple of weeks and it started randomly going black and flickering/flashing white. This began happening more and more frequently and each time it lasted a little longer until last night. Last night I had been watching tv for about 20minutes when the screen went black and started flickering again, so I turned it off and back on and it immediately went to a black screen flashing white. The longer I left the power on the more the images showed through(they kinda looked like a negative). Never lost sound and the power button blinks blue and purple.
    What is the issue?
    Any info will be greatly appreciated.

Re: HP pl5060n flickering/flashing PLEASE HELP!

Posting pictures of the back of your tv showing the boards with clear pictures may help you more with fixing your problem

Comment

test the mosfets on the buffer board they are probabbly shorted, if they are, solder in new ones , all 3 of them and see how long that last if it blows again in a few weeks the same board , would expect a faulty y sus board too.
      the mosfets can be brought for only a few pound and take like ten mins too replace with a decent soldering iron

Comment

What exactly are the mosfets?

Comment

This TV is a version of the LG 50X3 series. Did you make sure when you changed that buffer board that you had the thermal strip back covering all of the chips on the buffer when you re-installed it? That strip is very prone to ripping apart when it's removed. If even one chip isn't covered with it, the board will fail again in short order.

Comment

Can the strip be replaced?

Comment

Yes. Of course you problem now need an additional replacement buffer board. Any if you pulled both buffers loose, I would recommend replacing the strip on both.

Also, based on your description of the screen flickering / flashing I'm thinking you may have a damaged Y-Sustain board on your hands now as well. Can you hear a ticking noise coming from the sustain board when the TV is powered up?

Comment

No ticking noise...

Comment

Upon re-examination of the t.v, I discovered there is, in fact, a ticking noise coming from the y-sus board. What is causing this?

Comment

Working...
                  X