Panasonic tc-p65s2 dead 10 blinks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Panasonic tc-p65s2 dead 10 blinks

Hello everyone I have a Panasonic that I am attempting to repair, when plugged in I can hear 2 relays , then nothing other red Led on front blinks 10 times , then repeats ,

from what limited info I can find I believe that trouble points to the A board .

Looking for any advice anyone can give

thanks in advance

Re: Panasonic tc-p65s2 dead 10 blinks

you're going to have to take the back off and start isolating items to narrow it down.

10 blinks could be just about any board. SC board comes to mind. Try disconnecting sc2 and see if it goes 7 blinks.

avoid reconnecting the cable for 5 min as there can be 200v residual with the TV off.

Comment

Originally posted by tw2005 View Post
      you're going to have to take the back off and start isolating items to narrow it down.

10 blinks could be just about any board. SC board comes to mind. Try disconnecting sc2 and see if it goes 7 blinks.

avoid reconnecting the cable for 5 min as there can be 200v residual with the TV off.
      Thanks tw2005 I will do this and report back

Comment

looking at the board allocation I do not believe this set has a sc2 board ?? so i disconnected the SC board and now I have 6 blinks

Am I correct that this set does not have a sc2 board ??
        Last edited by rageed; 04-26-2015, 01:19 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by rageed View Post
          looking at the board allocation I do not believe this set has a sc2 board ?? so i disconnected the SC board and now I have 6 blinks

Am I correct that this set does not have a sc2 board ??
          sorry, I need to be clearer for you. SC2 is the connection SC2 on the SC board but I suspect already this is SC board since 10 blink disappeared.

What gear do you have? multimeter ?

Comment

sorry, I need to be clearer for you. SC2 is the connection SC2 on the SC board but I suspect already this is SC board since 10 blink disappeared.

What gear do you have? multimeter ?
            yes good multimeter

Comment

yes good multimeter
              tis good it's good

expect shorted components

try Q661 and see if shorted(there'll be others)

measure resistance

across SC2 pins.

Then resistance, these are near SC20 ribbon connector

TP82 - a gnd point on the board

across c561 or TP16,17 - gnd(are underside, c561 is easier)

On the buffer boards measure these, highest resistance up 6 meg with respect to the gnd plate. 1 phot is SD, other is SU, different pins.
              Attached Files

Comment

Thanks TW2005 , will check

Comment

tis good it's good

measure resistance

across SC2 pins.

On the buffer boards measure these, highest resistance up 6 meg with respect to the gnd plate. 1 phot is SD, other is SU, different pins.

quick check shows Q661 shorted and when looking closely Q423 is actually blown apart

Comment

tis good it's good

measure resistance

across SC2 pins.

So looks liker the Sc board is where most all troubles reside , would you suggest replacing whole board or replacing components ?? and where to get board ??

Comment

quick check shows Q661 shorted and when looking closely Q423 is actually blown apart
                      not often youi get to seee a blown apart IGBT on these but I think you found your 10 blink.

Buffer tests , will need the values. This is so you know where you're at as far as repairs needed. getting parts for a 65" could be challenging.

repairing the board, achieveable or send it to Modus for about $100

Comment

What part number is stamped on Q661 and Q660?

Comment

Q661 part # is RJP56F4Axxx082p shorted E to C

Q660 part # is RJK6026xxx0617

I will have to pull Q423 can not read part #

sorry I am new to this forum where/who is Modus repair ?? contact info

Comment

also i tested Q425,Q424, Q422,Q421 D 421 are all show shorted on board is this normal ??

Comment

Test them out of cct you will most likely find they aren't all shorted.

Comment

Originally posted by newtothis View Post
                                Test them out of cct you will most likely find they aren't all shorted.
                                thats what i figured

Comment

Check the buffers too BTW, Ground the black probe in continuity mode (beep) and run the red down the buffer ribbon connections... If any beep that corresponding IC is shorted

Comment

tis good it's good

measure resistance

across SC2 pins.

prefer you resistance check as per the photos, wiil need the values you get

also i tested Q425,Q424, Q422,Q421 D 421 are all show shorted on board is this normal ??
                                    Often i find all DG402RP go short but that is on the smaller boards which usually only have 2 in parallel, you may get lucky. usually the diode survives.

i would not pull the board apart unless you intend to repair the whole board yourself otherwise send complete to Moduslink PTS.

there's normally a bunch of smaller SMD stuff that needs doing as well

http://www.moduslinkptstvboards.com/TXNSC1MAUU/

repair/return option
                                    Last edited by tw2005; 04-27-2015, 02:44 AM.

Comment

prefer you resistance check as per the photos, wiil need the values you get

Often i find all DG402RP go short but that is on the smaller boards which usually only have 2 in parallel, you may get lucky. usually the diode survives.

i would not pull the board apart unless you intend to repair the whole board yourself otherwise send complete to Moduslink PTS.

there's normally a bunch of smaller SMD stuff that needs doing as well

http://www.moduslinkptstvboards.com/TXNSC1MAUU/

repair/return option

finally able to get back to this !!! thanks again Tw2005 for all your great help !! just want to clarify some points before i send SC for repair.

summery of where i am in respect to this tv.

1) SC board is faulty plan on sending to Moduslink for exchange/repair

2)wanted to ensure that SD and SU boards are not faulty , I am going to check that none of the pins on the ribbon cable are shorted to ground, but I wanted to ensure that I am talking about correct pins/ribbon cable.
                                      these are the cables that connect SD/SU boards to SC board correct ?? Currently I have Sc board removed and ribbon cable between SU and SD disconnected, I see pins on connector SD 46 (pins 3,5,7) are shorted to chassis ground(screw fastening board to chassis), rest of pins are at 30 Meg or so

Faulty SD board as well as SC ??

thanks

Comment

Also forgot to give thanks to "newtothis"

Comment

Working...
                                        X