Samsung 64" Plasma struggle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Samsung 64" Plasma struggle

I've been struggling with a failed Samsung ps64e550 for the past 8 months and have decided I'd better sign up to be more accomplished in resolving my own issues.

Late last summer the tv switched off and showed no signs of life, I worked out a fuse had blown on the power board and replaced it, it blew again straight away so decided to replace the power board. Now with a new power supply it is power cycling and I noticed some initial red 'snow' on it's first run.
    After watching it switch off and on after 60-90 seconds a few times, I noticed some loud electrical noise from the power board so am not game on switching it back on for fear of blowing the new replacement board.

From my reading it'd possible the Y-main board also needs replacement, however I don't want to buy another and find out it was the buffer or something else that's the issue. Would anyone have some advice on how I can verify further the cause without replacing all the boards one by one.

Thankyou
    Magoo from Au
    Last edited by magoo; 02-13-2015, 11:29 PM.

Re: Samsung 64" Plasma struggle

You could start to try unplugging one board at a time starting with zsus and then YSUS to see if it stays on. Do this with the TV unplugged.

Wouldn't hurt to do some voltage checks on the outuputs for VS and VA.
    Did I leave the soldering iron on?

Comment

I tried disconnecting the y-sus and switching it on, but the red light blinked and wouldn't come on, I'll check the voltages on the VS and VA on the power supply, thanks.

Comment

I have a query would it be possible to purchase a board from the US or UK, I was looking at a cheap used one at a fraction of the cost, at least I could check if that's the issue without shelling out $200+. My concern is of the voltage difference to that of Au for the Y-Main board?

Comment

These power supply's are very known for cold solder joints. There is usually a blob of glue on the back side of the power supply, which under it is usually the solder joints that are suspect. It's likely your used power supply you purchased has this issue. I suggest you inspect the solder joints on the one I mentioned plus all the other transistors on the power board. Hope this helps.

Comment

Working...
          X