Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Samsung un32f5000 no video

Hi, I have bought a Samsung un32f5000
    It turns on but no video. You can here the Samsung jingle when it turns on.
    I see nothing at all on the screen.

Here is some pics.

Where should i start?

Main board?
    Power board?
    T-con?

Fix or replace?
    Thanks everyone
    Attached Files

Re: Samsung un32f5000 no video

does the LED backlight turn on, blink for a sec or nuttn at all? does it have sound? need a bit better description on what the tv is doing or not.
    Shine a flashlight into the screen and look if you see a pic.

Comment

Plug the tv it makes the Samsung jingle like its turning on but no back-light flash at all.
      cant see a picture with a flashlight.

when I push the power button it flashes red but doesnt seem to turn off or on.

When I plug it is the only time it makes the Samsung jingle and 6 red blinks.

Hope that helps.

THANK you for your help
      Last edited by redtux777; 02-07-2015, 05:59 PM.

Comment

I'd like to have another pic of the power board, so we can see the pinout and board number. Do you have a multi meter to troubleshoot?

Comment

maybe try unplug the cable from power supply to mainboard, plug tv back in turn it on, see if backlights come on, as always be careful working with power supply, HIGH VOLTAGE, on primary side can be deadly.

Comment

Unplugged the main board from power board. Does nothing. Does not turn on.

Yes I have multi meter. -I have a background in Electrical and pc repair.
            Attached Files

Comment

wrong board pix. I need the power board. specifically that area that has the connection between it and the main board you just posted. We need to see the pin out there. A higher quality pic would be nice. If you can't see any details, we can't either!

Comment

I have noticed then touching the plastic bezel around the screen on the power board side I get some static. I also can hear something rolling around between the metal and the screen.

Comment

oops sorry - here are the right pics
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by redtux777 View Post
                    I have noticed then touching the plastic bezel around the screen on the power board side I get some static. I also can hear something rolling around between the metal and the screen.
                    that dont sound good.

Comment

did you try reseating the cable from mainboard to tcon? and tcon ribbons?

Comment

Tried to re-seat cables with no luck

Comment

try testing the connectors on the power supply, should be a label by each connector with expected voltages, meter in dc mode, black probe to chassis or ground screw red to top of connector where you can contact a little metal, I test m with power on.

Comment

ok, I couldnt see your whole back of tv, this one may have power supply and inverter on same board.

Comment

unhook the main board from the power supply. Take a 500 Ohm to 1k resistor and jumper PSon and BLUon to 5v Stby. The power supply should be all on and the backlight should be on. If that doesn't go, unplug the backlight on the power supply and measure all outputs with you DMM on DC, use chassis GND or the GND pin on the connector for the negative lead.

Comment

No luck with the resistor jumper test. Used a 1k ohm 1/2 wat resistor.
                                I did the volt test on the power board. I have these results at home. (couldn't put results on yesterday because site was down.) will get them on in a bit. ... From memory they seemed fine.

I see a $33 powerboard pulled from a broken screen online...
                                Last edited by redtux777; 02-10-2015, 09:54 AM.

Comment

I'm betting open circuit LED inside the screen, have you tried checking the voltages on the connector the the LED array?
                                  Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
                                  For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Check the DC voltage right at the two legs of the cap CM874.
                                    Never stop learning
                                    Basic LCD TV and Monitor troubleshooting guides.
                                    http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...956#post305956

Voltage Regulator (LDO) testing:
                                    http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...999#post300999

Inverter testing using old CFL:
                                    http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...er+testing+cfl

Tear down pictures : Hit the ">" Show Albums and stories" on the left side
                                    http://s807.photobucket.com/user/budm/library/

TV Factory reset codes listing:
                                    http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=24809

Comment

Originally posted by tom66 View Post
                                      I'm betting open circuit LED inside the screen, have you tried checking the voltages on the connector the the LED array?
                                      Is this the led array?(see pic)

I get 0 from all the voltages except 200~ at #12 (+1)
                                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by budm View Post
                                        Check the DC voltage right at the two legs of the cap CM874.
                                        getting 120v dc at cm847

Comment

Working...
                                        X