Samsung LN32B360C5D no picture/sound on HDMI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Samsung LN32B360C5D no picture/sound on HDMI

I have a Samsung LN32B360C5D which is working fine via the RF, Component and VGA inputs. The 2 HDMI inputs however, display a blue screen, occasionally a black screen with the input and resolution in the top left corner. The HDMI connectors look quite clean and undamaged under a magnifying glass, and I've ruled out the HDMI cable and the video source. The set does sense an input on HDMI 1 & 2, otherwise they're not selectable via controls, but no picture or sound. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Re: Samsung LN32B360C5D no picture/sound on HDMI

maybe try a firmware update, if one is available.

Comment

not clear, are you saying they use to work or not since you've had it?, some tvs have settings where you can block certain inputs with remote etc.
      Last edited by nomoresonys; 01-21-2015, 09:31 PM.

Comment

The HDMI's haven't worked since I got this 6 months ago, running component and VGA. found the firmware update, put it on a stick, it didn't find the stick, perhaps wrong format, going to try another stick and go from there.

Comment

Originally posted by soundindc View Post
          The HDMI's haven't worked since I got this 6 months ago, running component and VGA. found the firmware update, put it on a stick, it didn't find the stick, perhaps wrong format, going to try another stick and go from there.
          situations may differ, but with my update, it said to format the stick to fat 32, it was already at fat 32, so I didn't format, for some reason it didn't work, so went back and formatted fat 32, even tho it already was, this time it worked, no idea why.

Comment

Most of my sticks are NTFS so I formatted Fat 32 and this model wouldn't see it, went with FAT, unzipped the files, installed and the HDMI ports started working.

Comment

Originally posted by soundindc View Post
              Most of my sticks are NTFS so I formatted Fat 32 and this model wouldn't see it, went with FAT, unzipped the files, installed and the HDMI ports started working.
              NICE, glad you sorted it out,

Comment

Working...
              X