Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Panasonic TC-P46X3 14 Blink Code

Originally posted by Neelix View Post
    You're saying that you're getting a resistance of 0.4ohms when measuring between VSUS - GND and between P15V - GND, but can't detect a short. That does not make sense because if you're measuring those resistance, then there is a short
    Well, I think I mentioned above that I'm more of a mechanical type person. Using this as an opportunity to learn.
    Thank you for helping me understand. There is a short.

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisV View Post
      Well, I think I mentioned above that I'm more of a mechanical type person. Using this as an opportunity to learn.
      Thank you for helping me understand. There is a short.
      I marked the phot for you so if that is waht you have then next step would be to get a SS board or repair it. make sure you get the correct version board for your TV size.

Comment

Thank you very much for the help and patience. I'll buy the board and let you know how it goes.

Comment

Well got the new board today...
          I installed the board and tested for shorts in the same way as I did before.
          The board tested good. This was done before I powered up.
          I carefully and meticulously reconnected everything that was disconnected.
          The TV didn't start up. I went through the checks of the SS board and verified the SS board is once again the problem. A 2nd check of the new (used) SS board confirms it is shorted on the VSUS pin (white wire).
          So..... Unless I'm just really unlucky, something is causing the SS board to short out.
          Any ideas?

Comment

Well got the new board today...
            I installed the board and tested for shorts in the same way as I did before.
            The board tested good. This was done before I powered up.
            I carefully and meticulously reconnected everything that was disconnected.
            The TV didn't start up. I went through the checks of the SS board and verified the SS board is once again the problem. A 2nd check of the new (used) SS board confirms it is shorted on the VSUS pin (white wire).
            So..... Unless I'm just really unlucky, something is causing the SS board to short out.
            Any ideas?
            not sure what to make of that. try isolating tboth boards and resistance measure the 4 connection points I have marked. either something missed on the Sn and it blew the SS or the panel blew the SS if you're sure the SS was good at the start.

A little unusual this one.
            Attached Files

Comment

Thanks again for all of the help. I have learned a lot about these things. Really appreciate it.

SN3 -The point on the SN board is ok
              SS3 - The top point on the SS board (white wire that leads to SN board) is shorted
              SS11 - top pin (white wire leads to pho are 15v) is shorted
              SS11 - bottom pin is good

Comment

By the way. I carefully tested the new board because I wanted to make sure it wasn't shorted out before I powered up. It wasn't shorted before. It is shorted now.
                Think it's the panel?

Comment

Thanks again for all of the help. I have learned a lot about these things. Really appreciate it.

SS3 - The top point on the SS board (white wire that leads to SN board) is shorted

reading?

If that's shorted puts a ? on SN3

Top pin is Vsus, what is pho?

bottom pin is 15V

Comment

By the way. I carefully tested the new board because I wanted to make sure it wasn't shorted out before I powered up. It wasn't shorted before. It is shorted now.
                    Think it's the panel?
                    very unsure, thinking maybe something wrong with the SN and killed the SS

Comment

SN3 -The point on the SN board is ok - Open circuit

If that's shorted puts a ? on SN3

Top pin is Vsus, what is pho? Sorry Typo. Dang Iphone auto correct. Supposed to be P board. Not Pho

bottom pin is 15V

Comment

TW005,
                        Think about this again. I didn't check the SS3 on the new board before I powered up. I only checked the 2 points on SS11 that you originally asked me to check.
                        There's a possibility that SS3 was bad on the new board to start. No telling now.

Here's what I'm thinking...
                        The SS board was cheap.
                        I'm going to buy one more SS board and carefully check for a short at SS3 and SS11 test points before I power it up.
                        If good, I'll isolate the SN board and power it up.
                        If it shorts, it's not the SN board. If it doesn't short, I'll move on and add the SN board and cross my fingers.

What do you think?

Comment

nervous, back to Sn3, I don't expect open at that so what range is the meter set to ? is it displaying OL ? At a guess culd be 60-100k there that's what i see on a 2010 model SN board depending on the probe polarity.

Comment

You are right. Changed the range setting and the test point on SN3 is 105k

Comment

You are right. Changed the range setting and the test point on SN3 is 105k
                              all you can do is but try i guess. shopjimmy has both boards or check q451 on the SN is ok and not shorted. After that, I don't know what to think.
                              Last edited by tw2005; 01-23-2015, 01:31 PM.

Comment

Wanted to post an update on this TV.
                                I purchased another SS Board. It took a couple of tries to get a good one. Gotta love Ebay.

Knowing that the first replacement SS board shorted out, here's what I did after installing the new SS board;

Isolated the SN board just in case it has been the reason for the shorted SS boards. The TV powered up fine. No blink codes. Responded to the remote just fine.

Connected the SN board and isolated the SS board. Same result. No error codes.

Plugged everything in and crossed my fingers. The TV didn't fully start up. Looked like it was trying to start but no blink code and responded to the remote just fine. Quickly shut down the TV to avoid shorting the SS board again.

Purchased a new SN board from SJ.

All is good. Not sure which board failed first but probably a flaky SN board that caused the SS board to short out.

Anyway...Thank you TW for all of you patience and help. You were right on the money as you kept pointing me back to the SN. I learned a lot on this one and am already looking at a 2nd Panasonic.

Comment

Working...
                                X