LG 50PQ30 PSPU-J806A keeps blowing fuse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LG 50PQ30 PSPU-J806A keeps blowing fuse

Hi guys need help with this power supply if you can suggest any issues..
    When I got this tv it wasn't powering on, just clicks a bunch
    so naturally I inspected the capacitors.
    I don't see any obvious damage/bulging to them.
    Then I tested the white axial ceramic fuse in front of the two largest capacitors which is a T4A H 250v, I realized that the fuse was blown. I bought a new fuse plugged it in and **bang** blew it again.
    The million dollar question is, whats causing this fuse to blow?
    -Mike
    Attached Files
    one mans is another ones treasure

Re: LG 50PQ30 PSPU-J806A keeps blowing fuse

From my experience with almost the exact same TV (50PQ20), your buffers boards, ysus, and zsus are bad. With those, it's a domino effect.

Comment

the buffer boards also look like they are fine however :/ anything else withen the main pcb that could cause this?

Comment

Okay, replaced the fuse again and this time i only had the Main PCB board hooked up ( as shown in picture. and the fuse still popped. so this tells me that the problem lies within the main pcb only. something on this board is making this fuse blow and im dying to figure it out. would really hate to buy an all new power supply for something silly that can be easily fixed.

Comment

Capacitors can be bad and not appear damaged or bulged. Diodes can be faulty and not show any evidence of failure. Mosfet's can be shorted and not show damage. These can blow fuses.

Power up the PSU without anything attached to it but AC power and see if fuse still pop's. If not then for sure problem is on main.

Without some basic testing you will just be throwing boards at it.

Comment

ive powered up the psu without hooking it up to the other boards and narrowed it down to just that. im taking out the transistors as we speak to test them

Comment

having such a damn difficult time getting the solder out of this board, might just take the hit and buy a new board smh

Comment

Any progress? I'm working on the same issue in a Sanyo DP50749... Tv turns on (can hear relays click) then turns itself back off... no backlight, no sound.

Thanks!
                -Andy-

Comment

I ended up just replacing the power supply, I found out a bunch of resistors were blown On the power supply. Might want to check that!

Comment

Working...
                  X