Samsung LN40D630M3FXZA Has Backlight and Sound, No Picture

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Samsung LN40D630M3FXZA Has Backlight and Sound, No Picture

Yeah, looks like it. Sad to see another panel bad!
    Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
    For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

I've seen those looking for what part # QD2 is on many Samsung T-Cons. I replaced the shorted QD2 on the original T-Con with part# ZXMN6A07FTA MOSFET N-CH 60V 1.2A SOT23-3, and it worked. Unfortunately it confirmed the panel is bad as the image was same as above.

Comment

Panel might have initially caused fault, then whatever was shorted went open circuit. Transistor was damaged in that fault condition.
        Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
        For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Originally posted by kevinm34232 View Post
          I've seen those looking for what part # QD2 is on many Samsung T-Cons. I replaced the shorted QD2 on the original T-Con with part# ZXMN6A07FTA MOSFET N-CH 60V 1.2A SOT23-3, and it worked. Unfortunately it confirmed the panel is bad as the image was same as above.
          too bad about the panel but a very nice tcon fix.

Comment

would anyone know the p/n for the fet with marking 58A. It is used on many tcon boards. It is p-ch 6pin

Thanks

Comment

Looks like i tracked it down to FDC658A made by fairchild.

I got my Sony KDL-40w4100 Tcon board working after replacing the following parts.

F1 7amp fuse

cd 201 10uf cap

D14 sot-23 switching diode marking KJH MMBD7000 DIODES INC 2 DIODES IN SERIES (1 WAS LEAKING)

IC11 FDC658a digikey FDC658APCT-ND

I ALSO REPLACED IC21 TPS65167A BUT ONLY REPLACE IT IF IT IS BAD. I FOUND ONE ON AN OLD MITS TCON MADE BY SAMSUNG.

HOPE THIS HELPS SOMEONE REPAIR THEIR TV
              Last edited by pudgi300; 03-22-2015, 12:29 PM.

Comment

Hi, I am trying to repair a Hisense HL46T39PZLN3D LED-backlit display with a similar problem.

Transistor QD1 on T-con board SD120PBMB4C6LV0.0 is not turning on (12V on gate), it's gate capacitor is not shorted, and transistor QD2 is not shorted/burned. I could not figure out where the gate-signal for QD1 goes to as the trace disappears into the middle layers of the board and couldn't find a connection.

I attached a wire to temporarily bypass QD1 just to see if the panel is damaged before ordering a replacement T-con board (or trying further to repair the existing one). I connected the wires after the TV had turned on, and this is what comes up on the panel:

After about 30 seconds it slowly fades to this:

Then goes back to the original as soon as the jumper wires are disconnected and reconnected.

Is it likely to be a problem with the display panel? Or simply because the T-con board was not initialised properly? I don't have that much experience repairing TVs so don't really know what a defective panel looks like.

Thanks for any advice.

Edit: Full size images below.
                Attached Files
                Last edited by Recyclojunk64; 08-06-2015, 01:21 AM.

Comment

Hmm..., noone has seen an LCD displaying a pattern like this before? I would really like to know whether it's worth replacing the T-Con board to see if that fixes it or whether these are the symptoms of a failed panel and I should just toss it to make more room on my workbench.

I have a digital scope btw if there's anything else I could test for...

Comment

Sure looks like a T-Con symptom. I'd buy one from a seller accepting returns if possible.

Comment

Working...
                    X