Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Samsung UE46D6530 no picture/sound

Hi everyone,

First post, apologies for any noob errors. My Samsung UE46D6530 gave up the ghost a couple of months back. In the middle of displaying a program, the picture and sound simply cut out. The power still flows through the system - the indicator light responds when the TV is plugged in or you use the remote - but whatever I do there is no picture or sound. Predictably, this happened about 2 weeks out of warranty. Bah, humbug.

I have delved into these forums and tried a few things:
    1) Checked the caps on the power supply board - no bulging/etc.
    2) Replaced the power supply board (refundable item luckily!) - no dice.
    3) Got myself a multimeter and tested the F1 resistor on the T-CON - reads 0.0Ω

My hunch says the panel's gone, which would be a kick in the teeth, but I was hoping some of you fine people might have some good suggestions about what to try next.

Are there more things I can test on the Main Board and T-CON? I have attached pictures of same for reference.

Many thanks in advance for any bright suggestions.
    Attached Files

Re: Samsung UE46D6530 no picture/sound

I doubt it is the panel - if the panel was faulty you would still get sound.

My guess would be the main AV board - i had a similar situation with a UE40C6540 recently which turned out to be a bad main board. After i replaced it it worked like a charm!

I would say if you have already tested another PSU board and you are getting no sound as well then there is a good chance it is the AV board.

If you can test the backlight system as well (a service manual should tell you how to do this easily) you can then rule out the backlight / Power board which would leave the AV board.

Hope that helps some.

Take care
    Demon

Comment

Demon,

Thanks so much for the reply, I really appreciate your input. I had thought that a bad panel wouldn't affect the sound, but being new to TV repair I didn't want to give myself false hope!

I have found a replacement main board, but it's not all that cheap and doesn't come with a returns policy. Are there perchance any tests I could do to confirm/bolster the diagnosis of a faulty main board?

Talking of which, a backlight test sounds like a good idea. However, I have pestered Samsung for a service manual and scoured the internet for same, but have not had any luck. Is it possible to use the service manual for a similar model (e.g. the UE40C6540 you had or perhaps another D series LED TV) or is it necessary to get the manual for the exact model?

Sorry to pepper you with more questions. This TV repair malarkey is a steep learning curve; I feel like I need a Sherpa to navigate the mountain of technical knowhow!

All the best and thanks again,

Alex

Comment

Try disconnecting the ribbons at the panel(between T-Con and panel) one at at a time.
        If picture shows up, on only one side, then the panel is bad.
        D series, is famous about bad panels(I had a D6420 w/bad panel). C series has bad main boards.

Comment

Thanks tibimakai, I'll give all that a try. Fingers crossed for a bad main board... Appreciate all the help guys.

Comment

tibimakai, your diagnostic test confirmed my deepest fears: the panel is dead. Ah well, such is life! Samsung have mentioned the possibility of assisting me with the costs of repair... We shall see... Thank you again for your help.

Comment

Alicnik, Sorry to hear it might be the panel... Depending on how old the TV is (if, as you say it is only a few weeks out of warranty) then Samsung should still honor the warranty... 1 year and 2 weeks is not appropriate for samsung to reject the warranty entirely.

If Samsung do not play ball (Assuming you still have the original receipt) you can take it back to the store you bought it from - under UK law you are protected by the "Sales of goods act" which will protect you.

Hope you manage to get it sorted.

Regards,
              Demon

Comment

Sorry to hear that.

PEOPLE, STAY AWAY FROM D SERIES SAMSUNGS!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by alicnik View Post
                  tibimakai, your diagnostic test confirmed my deepest fears: the panel is dead. Ah well, such is life! Samsung have mentioned the possibility of assisting me with the costs of repair... We shall see... Thank you again for your help.
                  Did you get half a picture ? and if you did was it only one the right or left or did it switch sides when you switched ribbons

Comment

Hmm that's a little odd, because you said both the sound and the picture went out at the same time? The panel wouldn't cause the sound to go out. But did you still have the backlight on?

If you unplug each one of the tcon ribbons at a time you should only get half a good picture. But if you unplug one of them showing half a good picture and the other ribbon unplugged shows half a "bad" picture then the panel is bad.

Try plugging both in again with a source connected and see. Maybe it was an intermittent problem and the picture came back while you were testing and unplugging the tcon ribbons?

Comment

Sometimes with no picture you can accidentally mute the TV or change source/channel without noticing, which can turn a "no pic with sound" fault into a "no pic without sound" fault.

So many bad D-series Samsung TVs with dead panels.

BTW you do not need a receipt for Sale of Goods act if you paid by card, you can use a bank/card statement. Also check with your provider - some cards offer extended warranties, sometimes for 6 to 12 months beyond standard warranties. SoGA gives you 6 years. You need a report from an engineer in some cases but that is easy enough - just ask a local independent TV shop.
                      Last edited by tom66; 06-14-2014, 06:58 PM.
                      Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
                      For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Re: Samsung UE46D6530 with pictures but with flickering picture

hello ,,everyone. my tv has horizontal line on the screen and flickering pictures as well. it start after 1 year just a tiny horizontal line...and after few minutes its gone. But after 2 years flickering on screen start and horizontal line is steady on screen. i change all capacitor i increase the voltage of capacitor but line still there . i clean up the panel wire still problem still there . please help me to sort this problem ...
                        Last edited by jasher13579; 07-28-2014, 03:13 PM.

Comment

hi i just want to ask what website you can find the powerboard ...thanks

Comment

I can almost 100% guarantee it will not be a power board fault. You can locate a board on eBay or other TV parts sites such as FlatTVParts, Emos TV spares, RecyclingLives... However I really doubt installing it will do anything to fix your problem, like the others on here, you probably have a bad LCD panel making the TV scrap.
                            Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
                            For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

All this talk of bad panels in the D series is not good to hear, seeing that i invested in D6100 a couple of years ago. Is there a pattern emerging showing which make of panels are failing? (I assume samsung are using various manufacturers for the D series panels?).

Comment

Hello guys,

Recently I had problems with my UE46D6530 (no picture, sound ok), as some of you adviced here I tried to unplug one of the ribbon (on the left side) between t-con and panel. Now I had picture on half of screen ok-nice progress. When I plugged the ribbon back and switched on the TV - whole picture was gone. This could indicate there could be short-circuit somewhere on the left side of the panel. I took sheet of paper to isolate the ribbons on the left side. After that I tried to turn on the TV and suddenly everything was fine.

I cut out strips of paper and isolate all ribbons (those between t-con and panel to prevent same damage on the right side).

Thanks for advices, which allow me to fix this problem (because even authorized service of Samsung here refused to fix it)

Sorry for my English, I'm from Czech Republic.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve.B View Post
                                  All this talk of bad panels in the D series is not good to hear, seeing that i invested in D6100 a couple of years ago. Is there a pattern emerging showing which make of panels are failing? (I assume samsung are using various manufacturers for the D series panels?).
                                  Samsung and AUO panels seem to be failing, I would avoid any D-series LED-backlit LCD myself and also some ES- and F-series too...

Comment

Working...
                                  X