LG 42PJ350 Dont Turn ON only Stand by - Without Ysus & Ymain He Turn On

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LG 42PJ350 Dont Turn ON only Stand by - Without Ysus & Ymain He Turn On

hello all badcaps user, I have a problem with a LG 42PJ350 Plasma TV to turn on when I try him he Clickt 1x and remains in standby, if I Ysus and Ymain turn ound him Launch it works. What could it be? someone knows the problem?...

Re: LG 42PJ350 Dont Turn ON only Stand by - Without Ysus & Ymain He Turn On

Do you mean if you unplug the Y-sustain it will turn on?
    Y-sustain is the same as Y-main... Y-sustain is LG's name for Y board, Y-main is Samsung's name for Y board.
    Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
    For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Yes It is #right when i Unplug the y-sus the TV turn on and stay on, with the y-sustain when i push the power button he clicking and turn back to stand by replay 2 times i take a video, i hope it is easyer to understand my failure =)

Comment

Picture
        Attached Files

Comment

A Video from TV

http://www.vidup.de/v/XZEl/

http://www.vidup.de/v/gXZEl/

Comment

Nobody have a idea?

Comment

ln32b360c5 audio but no backlight

Comment

Gilera001 I am working on exactly the same TV right now, I have 2 of them in for repair.

From what you describe, I think there is a fault with either the Ysus or Xsus board in the TV.

Make sure TV is powered OFF then remove the power plugs to both Xsus & Ysus boards. Then check for continuity between the metal chassis and the fuses on the Ysus board. There are 3 fuses to check, FS201, FS202 & FS203.
                Also check continuity from chassis to the back of the two screen connectors on the Xsus board P3 & P4, as well as the main Diode D41.
                These are the most likely places where your fault will show using basic cold checks.
                If you get a continuity reading (Short Circuit) at one of these points then you have found which board is faulty.

I Have two TV sets, the 42pj350 and the 42pj550 much the same TV but one had a faulty Xsus and the other a faulty Ysus board.

Comment

HI Paulnetv..
                  Thanks for the info...I have a 42pj550.i have continuity on my ysus and diode d41 is faulty too...does that mean i need both ysus and xsus.

Comment

halo, many thanks for the good information, all of which are sure ments ok (FS 201-202 - 203), the diode D41 has passage on both sides so I think this is broken. Can I change this? or I have to buy new Xsus and Ysus? Thanks

Comment

dopey, I love the name I wish I had though of that one before I signed up

Anyway, I think you misunderstand me, Using a continuity meter, measure from the metal chassis to the points I mentioned earlier, this does not show a faulty component, it merely highlights the area within the TV which has the fault. For example, if you measure zero ohms from the metal chassis to any one of the fuses on the Ysus board, then you know the Ysus board has a fault on it which is overloading the PSU hence it immediately shutting back down, thus appearing to stay in standby.

This only help to narrow down which area of the TV you should be looking for the fault.

I must stress, that you MUST remove the connectors (particularly the power ones) from both Ysus & Xsus boards BEFORE conducting these tests as a short circuit on one board can be read via the wiring and cause you false readings on the other.

If you still get short circuit readings to earth/Gnd/chassis from both boards with the connectors removed then yes that does suggest you need both boards replaced or repaired.

D41 if I remember rightly has very low resistance resistors in parallel so reads as almost zero ohms in circuit, for this reason the same reading either side of the diode in this case does not suggest it is itself faulty.

Both the TV's I had in have been returned now so I have no reference boards here to confirm the following, but from memory I will try to list the parts I changed in order to repair the Xsus board and Ysus.

Xsus board, (EBR66607501) there is a repair kit available for this board but I managed to fix it by changing the following so maybe it's worth you check & change where necessary the following components. Q201, Q202, Q205 & Q206. These were all S/c also R121, R122 & R125 all open. Lucky for me that's all that had failed on this board, The repair kit I think contains some SMD's which I did not need, on this set there were also two popped resistors (R607 & R729) on the Ysus board (EBR66607601).
                      Last edited by paulnetv; 06-09-2014, 09:33 AM.

Comment

Hello, many thanks for the information, I'm sure that Ysus board is defective have another power supply tested and the tv is clicking again. Please watch the video above. Can you repair the Ysus board? and does anyone know how that goes? Thanks 4 Help
                        Attached Files

Comment

No Idea?

Comment

Hi does anyone know repair kit ysus board EBR66607501 from 42pj350.
                            Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by marty-clubber View Post
                              Hi does anyone know repair kit ysus board EBR66607501 from 42pj350.
                              Cheers
                              Well--If the usual suppliers dont list em and ebay havent any reference to any repair-kits for that board, you'll just have to check all the IGBT's etc yourself and get them as required.
                              TELEFIX

How PLASMA SCREENS WORK, X-SUS and Y-SUS what they do--
                              http://www.irf.com/technical-info/appnotes/an-1088.pdf
                              PLEASE DO NOT EMAIL ME PRIVATELY FOR REPAIR ADVICE. QUESTIONS BELONG ON THE FORUM!

Comment

Ok Thank you found 4 shorted 2 30f124 2 30j124
                                Up to now mate.

Comment

Originally posted by Gilera001 View Post
                                  Hello, many thanks for the information, I'm sure that Ysus board is defective have another power supply tested and the tv is clicking again. Please watch the video above. Can you repair the Ysus board? and does anyone know how that goes? Thanks 4 Help
                                  Where did you get these diagrams from? I found the service manual, but there was no diagrams like yours.

Comment

believe paulnetv in post #11 meant Q21 Q22 Q12 Q13 (30f124 & 30J124) were shorted. These are the IGBTs that usually go bad.

Comment

Hi just a quick question is there an alternative I can use in place of the 2 33n25t mosfets As I have none I can use only other board i have is a lg50pk550 ysus thanks.

Comment

Working...
                                      X