LG 50PC3D Issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: LG 50PC3D Issue

Panasonic PZ80. FHD 1080p, 2008 models, 42" 46" 50" and 58". One very common issue - and very easily fixed. Otherwise fantastic TVs.
    Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
    For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Quick update, not sure if it matters at this point though.

I undid all of the repairs I've done on this TV as I'm going to return the parts I bought.

I also wanted to see what the original problem was, and see if I was even on the right path.

So, the photo on my first post shows the results of a new YSUS and both YDRV/Buffers.

With the old YSUS and old buffers I'm seeing a black/white image that flickers.
      Audio works.
      I have it laying down so I can't really get a idea of full screen image, just the edge I have hanging off the table.

No color at all. Doesn't appear to be split screen. The lines "might" still be there, but they aren't moving nearly as much or at all.

Any last ditch ideas? Maybe I was replacing all the wrong parts?

I checked the voltages on the YSUS, they are very close to the new one I tested yesterday.

Comment

Just wanted to say thanks again for all of the help on this.
        I'm going to return these parts and see if I can sell the TV for parts.

Comment

Hey notatvrepairguy. I would try the main logic control board. I wanna say I have seen somewhere on here where someone had a very similar issue and it was the main logic control board. But I saw your post about not having color when you out the old boards back in and it might be a combination of the y sus being bad and the logic board. I would as a last chance get the logic board while you still have the y sus and try both of them together. At least the logic wasn't expensive so you won't be out a lot if it doesn't work.

Comment

Thanks for chipping in, but I'm ready to give up on this one. It's an 8 year old set, and as much fun as it was to try these repairs I'm done throwing $ and parts at it. Knowing my luck the next board is gonna fail in a week or two and I'll just be running circles around it.

I'll see if I can get $50 for it as a parts TV!

Comment

That's cool. You should have no problem getting that for it.

Comment

Working...
              X