This one will be fun! LG 47" vert lines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This one will be fun! LG 47" vert lines

Alrighty so i have a 47" lg lcd tv symptoms are its displaying vertical lines with mild display of the "channel" box in the right hand top corner, the screen isnt cracked or damaged in any way all the connectors are tight and re-seated capacitors all appear to be okay (i dont have an esr meter Yet) i have done alot of research but couldnt find anything into it without it being that the panel is faulty being the main thing here which dont belive ot be true as it displays picture fine when its not alot of white in the background , now i have done some tests and tried unplugging each side of the screen from the t-con board and have attempted to rule things out and the only thing i could come to was that the screen works ok if i have it in composite or other av input so long as there is nothing plugged into the back which is leading me to it being a fault in the processing board now i have some videos of it in action on youtube ill post a link to so that you guys can see exactly whats going on, I realy hope i can fix this tv and i realy hope you gus have some thoughtfull ideas for me!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q5DhCmulKnY thanks guys!!

Re: This one will be fun! LG 47" vert lines

It's either a TCON or main failure. Also check the LVDS cable. If the picture is fine on off the air or component, It's the main board.

Comment

I didn't quite understand that last bit, what should I try? I know all the cables connect good

Comment

Most likely main board fault. Pictures of the boards in your set would help.
        Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
        For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

If you get a good picture on off the air or component, it's probably the main board.

Comment

yeah that's what I was thinking I do have a rework station so I could possibly change a component or so, would freezing any components be worth a shot?

Comment

so I have an esr meter and as we all know if any of the capacitors are in the same row then I'm only going to see the equivalent for the healthiest cap
              would a cap on the main board cause this fault?
              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
              X