Clear All

Re: samsung 58 inch plasma

getting the same reading from the top pin on the black connector

Comment

View My Video

Comment

OK, now try without buffers; any change? Y-main is looking bad.
        Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
        For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

I'll have to check it tomorrow I'll do it as soon as I finish thank you for your help so far mate its very much appreciated

Comment

Can they be fixed ? Also would that transitor being slightly different make any difference

Comment

Without schematics, you're likely to spend a lot of money and time fixing it. Beyond my time, at the moment, at least; you're free to try yourself. The X-main should be checked next, I'll attach an image when you're ready.
              Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
              For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Checked the board with out buffers and readings don't change

Comment

Will check X-main tonight, when I get back from uni.
                  Just for comparison, here's a Y-sustain(=Y-main) output test on a Fujitsu/Hitachi plasma panel I was testing: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nGr5ydz9gTk&t=3m10s
                  Last edited by tom66; 01-30-2014, 05:01 AM.

Comment

Hi mate just tried it on the same blue thing on the x main and got a much better reading

Comment

any more checks i could do on the y main ?

Comment

Could you show X-main waveform.

Comment

Here It goes up and down a bit though
                          Attached Files

Comment

Still doesn't look right - show me where you're probing please.

Comment

The blue one like the other side
                              Attached Files

Comment

Which lead of that; top or bottom?

Comment

Comment

The wave should look better if X-main were working, then.
                                    Check that the X- and Y-main boards are both getting Vcc.
                                    Could be a bad control board.

Comment

i think it might be the control board too there is a glass fuse on it thats only got power to one side nothing at all to the other just where the power comes into it i was just going round it before just checking everything if that makes any sense ??

Comment

Where is this fuse?

Comment

Here I just took it off to have a look at the back
                                          Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                          X