• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: samsung 58 inch plasma

also with the 3-4 jumper on or off ?

Comment

BETWEEN pins, black on black highlighted, red on red highlighted on the buffer board connector.
      3-4 jumper, take it off for now.
      Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
      For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

-61v I get if like this ?
        Attached Files

Comment

Yes, that's what I meant. Now, try with buffer connectors removed.
          Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
          For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

-22.2v

Comment

That reading is unexpected, and very odd. Not sure what to make of it.

Please check the voltage across those red capacitors I highlighted previously.

Comment

Just seen this on the back of a buffer
                Attached Files

Comment

-110v of the red cap

Comment

That's OK...
                    I think part of your Y-Main is defective, can you see any point for testing voltages at -Vscan/-Vsc or Vsch? I cannot see them on photos.

Comment

yer at the top of the board vsch

Comment

What do you measure on that point? Black probe on ground this time.

Comment

vsch -31.2v vsacn -189.4v

Comment

Hmm, both VSCAN and VSCH are OK. I could not see those on pictures before, makes it much easier!

With those voltages you SHOULD have screen glow, even if it's really faint.

This leads to only a few possibilities:
                            - bad panel (cracked glass on outer edge or middle; check carefully)
                            - bad buffer board
                            - partially functional control board (unlikely)

You would need an oscilloscope to see if the Y-main waveforms are all correct. But so far, it appears Y-main is working.

Comment

thats the first thing i checked was the glass its perfect how would i test buffers

Comment

You unfortunately need a scope to test the buffers. Also, the glass could be cracked under the frame, so you might want to try lifting that off to double check.

You could also try checking the voltage across the red caps on the X-main board to see if that's functioning properly, just in case.

Comment

100.3v across the x main caps

Comment

Hmm, the X- and Y-main voltages should match very closely, but a small offset could be acceptable. There's not much else to suggest other than to replace boards one at a time, if you can't get hold of a scope to check the waveforms.

Comment

ill ask in work tomorrow see what the engineers have or the design fella's ill keep u posted thanks for your help so far hope i can do this one i have plans for it

Comment

You work in an engineering firm? They probably have a scope you can borrow for the night (my boss has frequently allowed me to borrow meters when away from my lab) - and you could use that on the Samsung LED TV too, and check if main board sending right signals to panel.

Get a 10X probe too, if you can, and prefer a digital scope over analog, though both can be used.

Comment

I work for a place called scott safety we do fire brigade and air force masks and breathing apparatus they have alsorts

Comment

Working...
                                          X