samsung 58 inch plasma

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: samsung 58 inch plasma

See here. This is the point to attach probe hook, attach the black ground lead to a screw hole or metal frame work.
    Attached Files
    Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
    For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

so the one cable put the red on the orange bit and the black wire that comes off the red probe put to an earth

Comment

Like this
        Attached Files

Comment

Yes, exactly. Now, plug TV in, LVDS still out, and everything jumpered as before when voltages were being tested.
          Post a picture of what you see on the scope.
          Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
          For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

not much is happening its only very slightly moving off the line ?

Comment

should it be on free run ?

Comment

That will do for now. Will have to look up trigger settings later.

Comment

That's it
                  Attached Files

Comment

So, nothing? Hmm, let's try this instead (for red), the lead connecting that blue cap.
                    Attached Files

Comment

goes right down off the screen

Comment

Ah - my error - I just noticed your scope was also set to 10:1 so you will want to set divs to 100V/div.

Comment

so it should say on top of the screen 100v dc 10:1 probe
                          10ms/div

?

Comment

Yes.
                            BTW: 100V/div means for each square on screen, a division represents 100V.

Comment

I get this
                              Attached Files

Comment

So, hardly anything?
                                What's it look like when the TV is turned off, then on again? Maybe take a video showing what the waveform does.
                                I need to triple check that is the right place to probe, but it seems like the Y-main isn't working, at all.

Comment

the same

Comment

how can i post video ?

Comment

Check my sanity here, please. Got to check that is right position.

Red probe on any pin on the top black buffer board connector.

Check that ground point you have used is good - make sure you can get a solid multimeter reading from it.

BTW, you have installed buffer boards?

Comment

yes buffer boards are in

Comment

also getting a good ground

Comment

Working...
                                          X