50" insignia turns on and off repeatedly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 50" insignia turns on and off repeatedly

With X-main and Y-main unplugged, any difference in behaviour?
    Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
    For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Is this showing the powerboard bad or vs is bad

Comment

Those voltages can be low if the X-main or Y-main is bad. So it's important to isolate them first to see if the power board is bad or not.
        Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
        For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

When I take plug off going to right board nothing changes.

When I unplug left board the va reads about 120 steady. The vs then reads funny. Just has a 1 at the left side of meter. When I take black lead off it jumps to 25 for a second before going to 0

Comment

Is your meter set to the 200V DC range, or 200V AC range? You want DC.

Comment

Ok switched to dc

With left board unplugged the va reads 55 and still getting funky reading from vs

With both plugged in I get about 23 out of va before counting down to 3 and vs gets up to about .6

With right unplugged I get the same 23 and .6

Comment

Sorry, my error. Try the one range higher than 200V, at 1000V.
                Vs can be around 210V so is enough to push your meter to over-range indication ("1" meaning input over-voltage, which isn't damaging, but you need to switch to next highest range.)

Comment

On 1000

Right unplugged....getting 023 to 030 out of va and 001 out of vs

Both plugged in.....getting same

Left unplugged....getting 55 from va and 212 from vs

Comment

So, you have a short on the left board. If you mean left, looking from the rear, that's the Y-main board.

Comment

Yeah when i say left that is from the back

Comment

Y-main then. Repairability limited, you can try replacing the IGBTs on it, but can be a lot of work and hardly worth it if board is cheap. Look for LJ9#-######A part number to find replacement part. Note last letter usually "A" but can vary.

Comment

Looks like a little over a hundred for the ymain

Comment

lj92-01601a

Comment

Hmm, so do you feel like replacing IGBTs then? It can be hard work, but will cost a lot less than $100, you would need a good quality soldering iron (temperature regulated) and good soldering skills.

Comment

I have never done any soldering

Comment

How much do you think those would cost

Comment

Might be best to get a new board, then.

Repair kit, should you find someone capable of installing it?
                                    http://www.shopjimmy.com/samsung-bn9...repair-kit.htm

Comment

Thanks for all the help. I think I should just get the board. I'm afraid I would have no idea what to do with that kit.

Comment

If you buy from a seller which strips down TVs for parts, make sure to buy from one who guarantees them and offers a warranty and returns policy.

Comment

Any trusted sites to find lj92-01601a ?

Comment

Working...
                                          X