This topic has been answered.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sony KDL-65W855C after backlight replacement

Hi guys i have done many of these KDL-65W855c models aswell as 805c, 850c etc. i replaced the backlights with new after 1 strip was testing dead so just replaced the full array from TVLEDBARZ, i put all the strips in and both sides of the tv are testing 173v per side but tv still gets a brief flash and then 6 red led blink.

anyone any idea whats going on ? im assuming its not a fault with the new strips.

i should also mention i have tried swapping both the PSU and AV board from another tv with same model.
    Last edited by Mikeyboy2007; 11-26-2023, 02:05 PM. Reason: update
  • Answer selected by Mikeyboy2007 at 12-28-2023, 07:18 AM.

ok guys i figured it out. there was bad solder joints underneath the PSU on the connectors. i gave them a reflow and some cleaning and they are now fully functioning. i order all my backlights from a well known store in the UK and not from china, too long to ship

Comment

Six blink IS the backlight circuit though I'm sure you're aware of that...

I'd say the circuit isn't liking something about your new led strips.

Comment

I tried it with abother PSU and had the same result.

Comment

will bad backlights, one of the strips will not be right ..
          I have had a bad set once..
          So now I aways test them for a short while to see if they are all ok

also could be a bad connector

if the tv is open try swapping some out to see

But from experience I would say a faulty strip

Comment

I will pop the tv back open and check. But i did test both the left and right strings on LEDs from the back and both where 173v each

Comment

Originally posted by zomi View Post
              will bad backlights, one of the strips will not be right ..
              I have had a bad set once..
              So now I aways test them for a short while to see if they are all ok

also could be a bad connector

if the tv is open try swapping some out to see

But from experience I would say a faulty strip
              i have checked each strip individually and as a string and from the PSU side. and they are all fine and hold a steady voltage, i also tested the psu while the tv was power on and backlights connected, even though the backlights do not light up the psu is outputting voltage to the wires and i am no longer getting a red flashing led, possibly becuase the panel is removed ?? any other ideas ? first time ive encountered this problem with these tvs

Comment

Only ever had one bad set from china out of 20 or so sets.

Comment

Sony KDL - W serie knowing issue always BGA on Main chip..
                  post photos of yours old and new strips.label / socket also test one LED unit with yours DM in Diode mode to know if there are zener diode build in reserve way

Comment

I did not have this exact TV, but yes it's BL circuit it says. It was NOT the backlights when I had it, even though I replaced them. Mine was the PSU for the driver. I would check and post the voltages coming out of it here, does BLerr pin have any voltage?

Comment

ok guys i figured it out. there was bad solder joints underneath the PSU on the connectors. i gave them a reflow and some cleaning and they are now fully functioning. i order all my backlights from a well known store in the UK and not from china, too long to ship

Comment

Aha! PSU it is. 6 blink not BLs again. Good work

Comment

the well known source will still be getting them from china, lol

Glad to here you got it sorted

Comment

Working...
                          X